Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffing around the hills

I had abour 30 seconds to grab a camera as 14A came around the corner and I grabbed the IR camera rather than the X100V.

Looks good in IR too......Well grabbed..

Comment

Just for giggles I wanted to see what Photoshop AI generative fill was like compared to LR. In PS you can type an instruction rather than simply selecting an area.
      I sent the above image to PS, selected the area above the chimney and told PS to "add smoke coming from the chimney at the front of the engine". This is the result. Not perfect by any means but in some ways frighteningly good considering that for me it was essentially a one click result that took less than a minute. I'm starting to get concerned about how good these systems will be in a couple of years.

Comment

It will be quicker than a couple of years mate. Nice shot BTW.
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
        Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Interesting procedure. I have tried the removal, proc, it works very well...

Comment

The IR works well for this. Very nice.

I find the new LR remove works well sometimes but can also totally fail. I tried to remove a branch from a bird shot and it just kept replacing it with a similar branch. One try in Photoshop gave a perfect result.
            Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• K1W1
              K1W1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes in LR you have no real control in PS you do. I have found that removing smaller sections in LR seems to work better than doing it in one large chunk.
          Working...
          X