Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contrasts

More from South Korea - a modern, high technology, affluent country with some surprising contrasts.

1. Footpath vendor
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Seoul_20121119_0002-Enhanced-NR.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	319.2 KB
ID:	500302

2. Shopping centre

Name:	Seoul_20121119_0042.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	284.4 KB
ID:	500303

3. Man with handcart amid luxury vehicles

Name:	Seoul_20121123_0034.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	262.2 KB
ID:	500301

4. Another footpath vendor

Name:	Seoul_20121119_0033.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	301.1 KB
ID:	500304

Alan W

My Gallery

Good series Alan. You've got great images there that are highlighting the two genres of life rich and poor. I can see that we are inheriting that type of life in Australia, albeit a slow process, but it has already started. The number of poor and homeless here is increasing daily because of greed and it will slowly get worse. Your images are a stark reminder of times to come in this once great nation.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      In that case you would expect the young who are doing very well to help look after the elderly people. We humans haven't learned much about caring for one and other I guess.

• K1W1
      K1W1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m not seeing homelessness and poverty in these images. I’m seeing modern western values contrasting against traditional ways of life. You can see these scenes in most developing countries,

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      You are sounding a bit cynical Isac. Like many Asian countries the culture has a strong respect for elders and I think children are expected to care for elderly relatives.

I suspect K1W1 largely correct, although a traditional way of life looks rather out of place in a huge city. I doubt these people are homeless but are certainly not well off. I don't know their story but I suspect there may also an element of wanting to be independent.

There are many well patronised street vendors, but these stood out to me because of the very basic stall set up.

A very interesting series that capture the imagination.
    A HAPPY PENTAX USER

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks eaglem
Working...
X