No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balloon Festival (image heavy)

Last weekend in Canberra

Because of the wind on the first morning, the balloons launched from another place, so all we had were a few tethered ones.

Slept in the second day so I only saw them at a distance

Third day I was there earlier, but the clouds hid the sun until late in the morning

Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Well, what can you say about that other than "Exquisite". great perspectives on all of these Alan. #4 - Super panorama with lots of interest, #8 - Leading lines and central content are wonderful and #9 - Great lighting, colour and lovely depth. Thanks for sharing these great images.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      I found this info in a quiz I get sent by a company I'm registered with:
      In September of 1783, when French paper manufacturers and inventor brothers Joseph-Michael and Jacques-Ètienne Montgolfier sent their first “passenger capable” hot air balloon aloft, they were not in it (an earlier test flight occurred in June).

Neither were any of the dignitaries and aristocrats that had gathered to see the launch nor, for that matter, was there even a human being aboard the balloon. Why no humans? High altitude flight of any sort had not been tested in any way and there was concern that it could injure or kill the passengers.

Although the King of France offered some prisoners as less-than-willing test subjects for the first manned experimental flight, the brothers declined and instead attached a basket containing a sheep, duck, and rooster. The duck was included, rather practically, as the control group under the presumption that the high-flying duck would have no issue with the altitude. The test was a success, lasted eight minutes, and the balloon flew roughly 2 miles with a safe landing. The next two tests (one tethered and one not) were conducted with human volunteers and over the next few years rapid advances in hot air balloon design led to the hot air balloon becoming a viable (albeit slow) method of human flight.

• Alan
      Alan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks ISAC - I didn't know that

Beaut set Alan. I suspected you had more of those to show.

Comment

Working...
    X