Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Walk

I had to fill in an hour yesterday, so I took the D90 and kit lens for a walk along Lake Burley Griffin.

The light was very average and it was very hot, but I discovered some places I hadn't seen before.

#1 A walkway from nowhere to nowhere - possibly waiting for some future building

#2 Stretching across more than 20 metres of ground in the Sculpture Garden of the National Gallery of Australia, Bert Flugelman’s reflective steel “Cones” has assumed an iconic presence.

#3 Dadang Christanto’s 'Heads from the North' (2004) in a marsh pond. Australian National Gallery, Sculpture Garden. A pop up cafe now blocks the viewing area unfortunately, so I had to try to take a photo over/through some reeds.

#4 This was taken in 2008 from where the cafe is now. A fog sculpture by Fujiko Nakaya produces a fine mist which makes the scene even eerier. It also was not working yesterday

#5 Part of the same pond in the Sculpture Garden. Hard to image it's in the heart of a city.

#6 High Court

#7 High Court Water Feature

Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

All wonderful photos Alan. A pleasure to view. Nice post.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Great set - I remember seeing that head sculpture before but think it might have been a Barkly shot. My favourite of these is #1. Fantastic leading lines with the flagpole filling the space at the end and a great sky.

Comment

Thanks you two

Yes, I was pleased with #1 as well Gabby
        Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Working...
        X