Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melbourne Mix

Just a random bunch of images I stumbled across while out today. It's funny all the little things you can see and find when you just walk through a city.

Ultra Modern by T. Flack, on Flickr

Spiralling Down by T. Flack, on Flickr

Melodrama in Melbourne by T. Flack, on Flickr

Just Hangin' Around... by T. Flack, on Flickr
    -Tim.

That staircase is a ripper!

Comment

Originally posted by seaslug View Post
      That staircase is a ripper!
      Thanks SS. Thought I'd better take a picture since I walked all the way up there only to discover a locked door, lol. Reminded me I'm not as fit as I should be though!
      -Tim.

Comment

The final image in this series held the greatest amount of engagement for me.
        Like the trick perspective with the painting, the texture and the reflection off the window. Reckon I'd get rid of the grey balcony.
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
        Haven't been there, not done that.
        Jo

Comment

What a quirky set of images, love them. Love the processing of #3, suits the subject and would fit into a Hitchcock film very well. Also like the staircase - that's a long way down. The last one is very intriguing

Comment

Well, looks like Utopia slumped its way right out of existance lol.

Engaging and interesting series of images Tim. With regard to fitness I would have captured the staircase from the bottom shooting up and simply called it a creative and artful decision. Bugger about the locked door. Damn good image though, glad you made the effort.
            -----------------------------------------------------
            Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

Haha, Utopian Slumps is an Art Gallery, and one can presume it is currently between exhibitions. Then again, perhaps it was just a minimilist art installation!

To be honest, I hadn't actually intended to take pictures of the stairs. This was inside the Melbourne GPO, but how I ended up there was somewhat accidental. I walked into one of the entrances and I noticed a couple of signs about the history of the building off down a side corridor and up some stairs. Another flight of stairs and some more signs, and though the whole thing felt very forgotten I was curious to see more. By then I was at the bottom of the stairs I photographed - no chain, no 'Do Not Enter' or 'Authorised Personnel Only' sign, so I assumed it must lead up to something. I was hoping for a high balcony looking into the building internals, but as it turned out it lead to nothing but a closed door. Just one of those things I guess! At least it wasn't pointlessly chained off by the OH&S do-gooders and I managed to get a nice picture or something a little less common in Melbourne.

Good point on shooting it from the bottom up though!
              -Tim.

Comment

Tim your steps look almost as though you are looking up until you notice the stairs, then you need to look again
                I love these too, I also find it interesting to see what others see while just wandering around when you don't need to be somewhere.
                Jenne

My Gallery
                My Flickr Gallery

Comment

Working...
                X