No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wynnum wader roost and mangrove boardwalk

I didn't see many waders here and the sun was in the wrong position anyway but I found a few birds along the boardwalk.

1. White-faced Heron in the mangroves
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20230602_Sandy_Camp_0157.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	280.9 KB
ID:	501361

2. Australian Magpie

Name:	20230602_Sandy_Camp_0153.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	263.2 KB
ID:	501360

3. Another White-faced heron

Name:	20230602_Sandy_Camp_0169.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	268.5 KB
ID:	501363

5. Torresian Kingfisher. I only managed a short burst before it flew off and they were under-exposed by about 4 stops. I managed to get this using Adobe's AI noise reduction but not the best quality.

Name:	20230602_Sandy_Camp_0173-Enhanced-NR.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	253.7 KB
ID:	501362

Alan W

My Gallery

Lovely set Alan. I don't mind the foliage hiding some of the heron in #1, it shows its environment and adds a 3D look. Beautiful colour and detail on the magpie. Very moody and deep jungle look in #3. No #4 but #5 is well recovered from what you say you started with. I don't know if it's a good or bad thing but I think all this new AI is heading in the wrong direction and we are going to see it make everyone "better photographers" and we won't be able to tell the difference between fake and reality. It will probably dampen the enthusiasm of many photographers, including myself. Not complaining, I guess it's progress and just my thoughts of what I see coming - and very quickly too. If I see too much AI, I will be looking for another hobby. At least they can't fake live music - not yet anyway
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Isac. I'm a little concerned about AI also, but we've been using Photoshop to modify photos for quite a while and this just extends the possibilities. When photography was invented people believed it would be the end of drawing and painting so I remain optimistic

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      This is a lot different to times back then and I'm finding it hard to find the positives. I don't have any issue with editing of photos by we humans, it's coming from our own creativity and being applied by our own hand. A.I. takes that away - to me that's a negative. Can you imagine in the not too distant future a world that doesn't require the skills and talent of those who have spent years designing and creating and honing their skills? They will not be required because the same results will be attainable by typing in a few words - and hey presto! job done. It will affect millions in the creative arts field. Just my thoughts, I don't expect that all will see it that way
Working...
X