... on a grey day.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	0211-Rainbow_Lorikeets.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	298.8 KB
ID:	501341
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Good catch having them out in the open and not hidden in the foliage like the ones in our Park
    A HAPPY PENTAX USER

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks mate. There are always lots of them in the massive palm trees around the lakes here but I rarely see them in these trees - so it was a surprise.

Interesting image Isac with the curving branches and twigs with the small spot of colour. I like the minimalist feel to it.

What do you think about removing the bird on the right and the twigs at lower right.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      I would only remove the lower twigs. The bird on the right was a part of the conversation with the other 3 (although viewers wouldn't know that). Thanks for your ideas, much appreciated Alan.

first thing I thought when I saw this was that the lower right bird didnt belong. not engaging and on a branch leading out of the frame etc.
    not withstanding that you shot is as it was part of the converstation, I agree with Alan's suggestions. you could also crop below and left and retain a minimalist feel. if feeling real arty you could monochrome everything but the birds too
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

I suppose it is a slightly different story. I would think the title would decide whether ih lone bird goes or becomes the focus. I favoured the chop on first sight. but have no strong feeling for it.

Better a full bottle in front of me
      than a full frontal lobotomy.
      Hans

Comment

Thanks for all your thoughts on editing guys. I suppose I could make lots of changes to B&W, twigs removal, cropping etc, but unfortunately I'm just too busy at this point in time organising the Hank Marvin Charity Gala Concert. The birds were having a lot to say and it was how I saw the event take place so on a personal level I wouldn't change much at all. I thought a better worded description may have been more appropriate like:
        "Hey Jeffery, why don't you want to join us up here, it's definitely a better view?"
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
        Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Working...
        X