No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Kites

Still limited opportunities locally but the kites are still around the nest area.

1) Watching over his / her mate

Click image for larger version

Name:	3G4A3083.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	291.1 KB
ID:	500209

2) In flight shots have never been a strong point and the sky went a funny colour on conversion from raw. Could probably do with replacing but that's an exercise for another day.

Name:	3G4A3100.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	276.1 KB
ID:	500210

Beautiful shots, especially that 2nd one.
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

• AlfandBen
      AlfandBen commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks David. I was quite pleased with them, although I would like the new eye tracking focus systems for the inflight shots.

Great images A&B. They glide along effortlessly to enable good shots on the wing and you've captured that well in #2. Messy background in #1 but adds to the story of their habitat and you got got great focus on the bird. With a good shadows a boost you can see the great colour and detail in the wing feathers.

Name:	image_43301.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	304.8 KB
ID:	500234
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      You're lucky to have these around your home A&B. The adjustment was just a shadows lift which only affects the darks and a bit of dodge&burn. It's an edit I do with most of my overhead BIF shots, because the under wing is always in shadow.

• AlfandBen
      AlfandBen commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Isac. I've never really gotten into post processing but this is another I think it would be worth trying.

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi A&B. You have Faststone Image Viewer, so you can use the "Adjust Lighting" feature (Ctrl + T) and bring up the shadows. It's a quick and easy way to do it.

Intricate patterns and details highlight these Bird shots.
    A HAPPY PENTAX USER

Comment

• AlfandBen
      AlfandBen commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks eaglem

Nice shots. #1 is a bit cluttered but still a good sharp and colourful image of the bird.

#2 is also good with lovely light and excellent colour. The colour of the sky looks fine to me too.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• AlfandBen
      AlfandBen commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Alan.

The sky in #1 is the colour I was expecting in #2 but somehow during the conversion it became very saturated. I toned it down a bit before posting but it still looks a bit vivid to me. And it's also very bland being virtually one solid colour. (It just struck me that maybe it only looks like that on my monitor)
Working...
X