No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birds from Eagleby

I seemed to get lots of messy backgrounds on this outing.

1. White-bellied Sea-eagle.This is my best shot so far of one of these but it is high in tree, backlit and surrounded by foliage, so best isn't saying much here.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20230227_EaglebyWetlands_0123.jpg Views:	4 Size:	285.0 KB ID:	498716

2. Black-fronted Dotterel
    The shrinking lake works well for these as they poke around in the mud. Not the best angle.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20230227_EaglebyWetlands_0145.jpg Views:	4 Size:	276.3 KB ID:	498713

3. Little Pied Cormorant
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20230227_EaglebyWetlands_0154.jpg Views:	4 Size:	241.7 KB ID:	498714

4. Australian White Ibis coming in to land.
    I thought this was going to be an excellent shot but it looks quite messy. I might have another go at processing it - perhaps darken the background.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20230227_EaglebyWetlands_0284.jpg Views:	4 Size:	270.1 KB ID:	498715
    Alan W

My Gallery

Nice job on all these Alan. Maybe just use the Tilt Shift Blur method on the Background to add a nice bokeh. If it's OK, I can show you the effect.

I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Isac, I know how to do it.

Another nice series Alan. I am slightly envious of the wide variety of birds you seem to have, I assume, relatively close to you. To be honest the issues you see on the Eagle didn't register with me, I just thought what a great shot.

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks AlfandBen. I have a couple of sites about fifteen minutes drive, and several about forty minutes, so reasonably close.

The Ibis looks like it may be worth spending some energy on. It could do with a bit of brightening and contrast. There is probably another name for it
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      It can be done using "Curves" and "Dodge and Burn" layers. That way, when used correctly, you don't lose detail. I had a play with that method and it worked a treat, along with "Tilt Shift" layer to blur the background to give it a nice DOF look.

Excellent shots. These look pretty good to me.
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

I've redone the image and added another from the same sequence. Brightened the shadows on the bird and blurred the background

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230227_EaglebyWetlands_0284-Edit.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	246.8 KB
ID:	498840

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230227_EaglebyWetlands_0287-Edit.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	240.5 KB
ID:	498839

Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Both great shots Alan. The DOF adjustments have made a huge difference and put the focus on the bird. Good stuff mate - proud of ya
        What workflow?
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
        Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

• wigz
          wigz commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Isac. Noise reduction with Nik Dfine, Tonal Contrast with Nik Colour Efex on the bird only to give a bring out more texture, lifted shadows on the bird a little, and the Tilt-shift blur tool Added some noise/grain together with the blur.

Blurring the background makes the most difference. The water is quite grotty looking with doesn't help the shot.

• Isac
          Isac commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow that's a fair number of adjustments mate. Well done.

A very good series.
        A HAPPY PENTAX USER

Comment

• wigz
          wigz commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks eaglem

I didn't mention the ducks as I thought I was being a bit picky but their removal, and the othere enhancements really does improve #1. Having said that I think I prefer the pose in #2.

Comment

• wigz
          wigz commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. I didn't do much as I didn't think the image was worth it. I prefer the second shot too.
      Working...
      X