No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carolina Wren

Short evening outing at Abbotts Mill Nature Preserve. Noticed this little guy in the underbrush. Not an easy shot to get considering the thick brush, dark woodland environment (needed ISO 6400), and these guys only stop moving for about millisecond. Cleaned up well with Topaz DeNoise.

613A4965 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

613A4935 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

#2 for me David. Beautiful little bird. You did well to get the shots with all that scrub around. I see it's the State bird of South Carolina. Don't see them here of course so thanks for posting.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Aaah, lovely. He has a little hat on..

Well caught, the processing has worked very well....

Comment

Very nice David. I much prefer #2 as I'm not keen on head on shots, but good colour and nice and sharp. Well done picking it out from among all of those branches and twigs.
        Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Good sharp images well spotted, and nicely framed in amongst all those branches. Love the glare in #1.

Comment

prefer the 2nd shot also. funny cos most birds dont photograph at their best head on and you can run into dof issues with the beak. raptors are notable exceptions with their front facing eyes. when we see the birds eyes in profile like this, we perceive eye contact.
            plenty of details in this and even facing in ISAC's preferred direction. well done
            Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Working...
            X