No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Mockingbird

A couple of Northern Mockingbirds (Mimus polyglottos) at a nearby wildlife refuge (Prime Hook National Wildlife Refuge). Their scientific name translates to "many-tongued thrush" as they are well know for their ability to mimic other birds, dogs, cats, frogs, crickets, and car alarms. Very intelligent birds and very territorial. There is one near my house that will dive at you if you get too close to its nest. One of my personal favorites around here.

1)
    613A4619 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

2)
    613A4611 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Nice and sharp David with good colours and framing.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Love them David. Interesting to know the naming logic. Reminds me of the quip "All the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order"

Comment

I like these images. #2 is striking. It looks as if it knows you
        Better a full bottle in front of me
        than a full frontal lobotomy.
        Hans

Comment

The light, colours and setting for #1 make it a standout for me. Very nice indeed. You could lose the blade of grass going out of the frame at bottom right but it's a really small part of the image anyway. It may be an effect of the light but it looks like a bit of a halo around and in the gaps of the flower at bottom left - and perhaps the centre one,
          Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

2 nice images. bummer that the 2nd has the blurry stuff on it.
            did well with what you had though. well done
            Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Working...
            X