No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Striated pardalote

could hear a striated pardalote calling up a storm this afternoon, so worked at homing in on where from.

saw him in a branch above me a bit, not ideal, then I saw him fly to this hollow on a gum tree, about waist height and proceed to feed who ever was inside.

seemed unconcerned by my presence and able to get to minimum focus distance on the 600f4. got heaps of decent pix on this guy this arvo so came back a happy camper.
    d5 600f4 1600f8 iso 1600. you can see the hollow in the shadow near his feet
    . Click image for larger version

Name:	striated pardalote 9428.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	185.0 KB
ID:	494722

Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Lovely looking bird Stephen. I've not seen one. The tree background gives good separation. Good exposure and detail. The 600 seems to be working well for you.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Nice and sharp with good light Stephen and stands out well against the tree trunk. Well done.

I hear these a lot and see them fairly often but yet to get a shot I'm happy with.
      Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Excellent shot!
        Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

Yes that looks ready for a bird book. What a pretty little bird. Lucky to have it so friendly. Good to see you made the most of that,
          Better a full bottle in front of me
          than a full frontal lobotomy.
          Hans

Comment

thanks folks. moving here is full of opportunities. why we did it really. is so nice having wildlife on the doorstep instead of having to drive for ages
            Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

G'day Stephen

Another of your delightful images for us to enjoy ... thank you

Phil

Comment

Working...
              X