No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• willy wagtail at home

finally found the willy nest. not in a good position for pix. only angle is by standing in the middle of a small creek and even then you don t get the whole picture.
    not close to the nest or anything, taken with 600f4 lens so out of the way from them.
    not the best picture, but posted for interest. nests usually made from spider webs. this angle may yield some feeding pix down the track, should they succeed. Click image for larger version  Name:	wagtail 8355.jpg Views:	4 Size:	176.3 KB ID:	494579
    d5 600f4 1/200f8 iso 1600
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Looks pretty good considering. The foliage forms a kind of frame around the nest. I look forward to seeing some feeding shots.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• avkomp
      avkomp commented
      Editing a comment
      a lot can happen before that happens. nest could get damaged in weather,
      birds could come take the chicks or eggs,
      foliage may grow over my window of opportunity.
      their right to nest in peace will trump me doing anything to improve the view etc.
      at this stage, you get what you get, if anything.
      hope they are successful but nature is cruel

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      I understand all that Stephen, but still optimistic. The main thing of course is to avoid disturbing them.

they wont be disturbed by me. long lens for a start. and no way to approach this any closer. probably 4m up and away from everything. with luck I can continue to get an angle thru the branches.
    if not, no probs

Comment

Great shot of nature at work. We have the same but there's only eggs at the moment. The nest is less than 2 metres from the ground inn one of our little gem magnolias, so I hope to get progress shots.
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
      Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

G'day Stephen

Excellent image and beaut story to go with it ~ like the others I await 'with bated breath' the ongoing story
        Phil

Comment

Nice shot. Look forward to more.
          Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

went to chieck on this nest today, couldnt find it but turned out to be on the ground under the tree. been 2 weeks since I visited, so maybe if she had hatchlings they have fledged. otherwise the bad weather with wind and rain probably didnt help, or even currawongs or something took the babies. nature can be cruel. willys are still around though, so my go again

Comment

• Isac
              Isac commented
              Editing a comment
              G'day Stephen. The willies are only in the nest for about 14 days before the parents kick them out to fend for themselves so maybe they are OK. I got some picks today of chicks 1 week old and they grow very quickly - almost as big as the parents already!
          Working...
          X