No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbourly White Faced Heron.

This one landed on the road right in front of me so I followed his trek as he strolled into a neighbours front yard.

#1 - Ooh that house looks good.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	7215-White_Faced_Heron.jpg Views:	14 Size:	294.6 KB ID:	494011
    #2 - I'll just see if they're home.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	7222-White_Faced_Heron.jpg Views:	14 Size:	296.3 KB ID:	494012
    #3 - Yoo-hoo, anyone home?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	7245-White_Faced_Heron.jpg Views:	15 Size:	285.9 KB ID:	494016
    #4 - Hey, anyone in the vehicle?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	7255-White_Faced_Heron.jpg Views:	14 Size:	300.2 KB ID:	494017
    #5 - I'll check the roof.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	7258-White_Faced_Heron.jpg Views:	17 Size:	271.4 KB ID:	494018
    #6 - Hey, anyone up here?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	7262-White_Faced_Heron.jpg Views:	15 Size:	292.3 KB ID:	494015
    #7 - I guess not.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	7290-White_Faced_Heron.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	296.2 KB
ID:	494043
    #8 - I'll get down and try again.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	7277-White_Faced_Heron.jpg Views:	15 Size:	297.8 KB ID:	494013
    #9 - Hi Isac, did you get some good shots?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	7286-White_Faced_Heron.jpg Views:	15 Size:	293.1 KB ID:	494014
    Last edited by Isac; 27-10-2022, 01:56 PM.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

good story told here. with the exception of the first looking away from the camera, you have captured some good images here, including some good sharp flight shots so well done there too.
    the fluffed up one could have the exposure boosted but .2-.3ev cos the face looks a tad darker than the rest of them. I like the fluffed up appearance of this guy, not withstanding the missing feet which doesnt seem to matter overall in this shot.
    good work
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

I like the story. Walking around like he owns the place.
      Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

Good story and some nice shots. Excellent work on the captions.
        Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by avkomp View Post
          Good story told here. with the exception of the first looking away from the camera, you have captured some good images here, including some good sharp flight shots so well done there too. The fluffed up one could have the exposure boosted but .2-.3ev cos the face looks a tad darker than the rest of them. I like the fluffed up appearance of this guy, not withstanding the missing feet which doesn't seem to matter overall in this shot. Good work
          Thanks Stephen, all points taken on board. I put #1 in to show that the bird was looking at where he intended to go and maybe could have left that one out.
          I lightened up the "fluffy" birds face as you suggested - much better, thanks.

Originally posted by David_MC View Post
          I like the story. Walking around like he owns the place.
          Thanks David. That was exactly what I was trying to capture - it's "look at me" attitude. Just having some fun. I don't see this sort of carry on so happy to get the pics.

Originally posted by wigz View Post
          Good story and some nice shots. Excellent work on the captions.
          Cheers Alan. Most times I see these herons they are very shy so I was quite surprised by it's bravado. It's nice to the photos but great to get a the story as well.
          I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
          My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
          Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Hi Isac

A beaut series along with comments make it all worthwhile

Phil

Comment

• Isac
              Isac commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Phil. I think it could have been a one off.

Captions made a difference and added to the presentation.
            Better a full bottle in front of me
            than a full frontal lobotomy.
            Hans

Comment

• Isac
              Isac commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Hans. All in a day's fun.

As has been said already, the shots tell a story and they are most enjoyable to follow, the captions make the experience all the more enjoyable.
            C+C,EDITS OK
            I shoot a Canon 90D with a few bits of glass.

Comment

• Isac
              Isac commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you Kevin. It was one out of the box for me and a great sight to see.
          Working...
          X