All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• little corella in flight

2nd piece of very good luck in 2 weeks.
    there were 4 little corellas on the ground this afternoon and I happened to be watching this one, and it jumped up on a small branch and was just preening a bit
    when our hand raised (pet lamb) came over calling loudly. that was too much for the birds who all flew off, but as soon as I saw the wings move on this guy I cracked off a burst. didnt know they were gonna fly but hoping for open wings or something. got the whole sequence as it flew off and was very happy camper.
    normally the lamb messes up pix around the house but this time she helped a lot
    there were a few different wing angles etc, but this one was my favourite.
    d5 600f4 1/1600 f5.6 iso 1600 about 85 percent of frame.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	corella 8189.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	173.7 KB
ID:	493995

there might be something in this idea of watching perched birds that may fly off.........
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

That's just your luck and your great tog skills all mixed into one! Colours are vibrant and on a good darker BG which makes it pop.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Well done Stephen. Good wingspread, great angle, sharp and excellent colour.
      Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

This is another example of why i have the camera in continuous high speed mode, even in perched birds
        in single shot mode, you would likely mias this. In high speed, you get a few to pick from
        Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

• HansE
          HansE commented
          Editing a comment
          Good one! Another keeper. Even the bird looks happy.

Excellent shot.
        Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

Working...
        X