No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superb Fairy-wren

The other day I went to a place call Australian Botanic Inland Gardens which is just over the border (River) from home.
    While walk about I spots one bird then on the ground I seen movement. And it was a pair of Superb Fairy-wren.
    This is a few of the shots I got of them, but mainly the male as they are the stand outs.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Inland Gardens 20-10-20 (472).jpg
Views:	67
Size:	201.0 KB
ID:	493779 2

Name:	Inland Gardens 20-10-20 (478).jpg
Views:	50
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	493780 3

Name:	Inland Gardens 20-10-20 (671).jpg
Views:	60
Size:	253.2 KB
ID:	493781 4

Name:	Inland Gardens 20-10-20 (577).jpg
Views:	56
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	493782 5

Name:	Inland Gardens 20-10-20 (472).jpg
Views:	64
Size:	201.0 KB
ID:	493783

Really beautiful shots you got there!
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

nice series of shots there. obviously the male ones on the end of that perch are standouts.
      if you could tone down the bottom bit of the perch it would make thise a lot stronger imho,
      or even crop closer to get rid of some of that.
      didnt look at the histogram but I would say that it is blown.
      great work
      Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

• Ralph
        Ralph commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't agree with cropping even closer as if I did someone would be saying you should have left more room to the left, right, top or bottom.
        I think sometime you all need to stop being so critical over nothing. And this is my honest opinion.

• avkomp
        avkomp commented
        Editing a comment
        fine, I will keep my honest opinions to myself. I only call them as I see them to help people possibly improve. so dont expect any replies from me in future
        Last edited by avkomp; 23-10-2022, 10:11 PM.

• Ralph
        Ralph commented
        Editing a comment
        Then maybe I should keep my honest opinions to myself as well.
        But if we listened to everything that is said we would never be posting a shot.
        We have to be happy to post a shot how we like it as if we are not happy with how it is then what is the point.
        And who is to say that you or me is right on any part of this.
        We all have opinions and if you don't like what is being said to you then so be it as I will lose no sleep over it.

Beautiful shots Ralph. I particularly like #1 and #4 - good pose, good colour and clear shot of the bird with a nice clean background. Well done.

However I do agree with Stephen that the bright near end of the perch does detract somewhat from the image, and reducing this would make the image even better. If you wanted to, you could do either or both of:
      1. Pull back the highlights on the end of the perch - if you shoot raw, this might be all you need, and/or
      2. Crop from the bottom a little to remove just the portion with no detail in the perch.
      Now this is my opinion on how a good photo could be improved, but it is just my opinion and you are free to ignore it without having to justify your opinion to me.

One of the strengths of this forum, unlike all Facebook groups I have seen, is that as well as positive feedback, we also get gentle constructive criticism to help us improve our photography. I would actually like to see more constructive criticism on my own shots.

If you would prefer not to receive any critical comments, just let me know and I will stop posting them.
      Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• Ralph
        Ralph commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for what you have said.
        I post what I see nothing more this is how I seen it or as close to it as I could get and is why they are as they are.
        I am not sure what the facebook or disgracebook comment has got to do with anything apart from maybe you are thinking I am going by comments there.
        If this is the case it is wrong as I do post on other forums.
        And if you want to comment or not is not up to me but up to you.
        So if you feel you don't want to then I can't stop you from doing so.

G'day Ralph

Whenever I see your images - and especially when the bird is small like this one, I marvel at your patience and skill to get the bird perfectly sharp and so detailed with all the feathers showing so clearly as well. Whenever I find one of 'these little critters' they bounce around, jump from branch to branch and all I get is the blurry tail feathers as it departs the scene

Phil

Comment

• Ralph
        Ralph commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks so much Phil for what you have said as I know what you are talking about with these little buggers.
    Working...
    X