No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby Black Faced Cuckoo Shrike

Strolling through the park I came across this baby Black Faced Cuckoo Shrike just sitting on a low branch. It was letting out a little squawk now and then so I assumes it's folks were off getting take-a-way for the family. It wasn't bothered by us so I got a few shots from different angles. The sun was behind and to its left so not ideal but I was happy with the results.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	6898-Kookaburra_Juvenile.jpg Views:	12 Size:	301.9 KB ID:	493479
    Click image for larger version  Name:	6926-Kookaburra_Juvenile.jpg Views:	10 Size:	297.3 KB ID:	493480
    Click image for larger version  Name:	6932-Kookaburra_Juvenile.jpg Views:	3 Size:	289.5 KB ID:	493555
    Click image for larger version  Name:	6880-Kookaburra_Juvenile.jpg Views:	11 Size:	303.4 KB ID:	493482
    Last edited by Isac; 18-10-2022, 05:26 PM.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Nice shots. First one is my favorite. I'd be tempted to clone out the twig that is growing out of the birds head in the third image.
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks David. I removed the head stick in #3, thank you for the tip.

some nice images of a baby bird. not sure this is a kookaburra though. the top of the bill is curved too, baby kookas have that straight.
    we rescued a baby kooka quite a few years back now and it was younger than this but already a bigger beak and it was straight

have included an image I took at the time:

clearly bigger bill and straighter already had its tiny hook at the end of the beak. your pic has it absent.
    wonder if it might be a noisy miner fledgling or something.
    am hopeless on a lot of baby birds cos they change a lot
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Nice images Isac but it doesn't look like a Kookaburra to me as the beak is the wrong shape. Perhaps one of the cuckoos or a cuckoo-shrike or woodswallow. I'm no good at baby birds.
      Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

[QUOTE=avkomp;n493524]some nice images of a baby bird. not sure this is a kookaburra though. the top of the bill is curved too, baby kookas have that straight.
        we rescued a baby kooka quite a few years back now and it was younger than this but already a bigger beak and it was straight

Originally posted by wigz View Post
        Nice images Isac but it doesn't look like a Kookaburra to me as the beak is the wrong shape. Perhaps one of the cuckoos or a cuckoo-shrike or woodswallow. I'm no good at baby birds.
        Thanks for that Stephen and Alan. I do believe it is probably a Black Faced Cuckoo Shrike. It's the only bird that lives around here with that type of beak and colouring. Please accept my most humble apology for getting it wrong

I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
        Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Working...
        X