Collapse
No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue-tailed Bee-eater (Merops philippinus)

A lie has no leg, but a scandal has wings by Paolo Dolina, on Flickr

Elegant, slender bird of open country, frequently seen in flight or perched on exposed snags or telephone wires. Adult green overall, with blue tail, thin black mask, and rufous throat; bright rufous underwings visible in flight. Juvenile similar but paler, with tannish throat and shorter tail, lacking the adult's elongated central tail feathers. Flying bird has distinctive shape, with broad, sharply pointed wings, long tail, and long bill. Nests colonially in sandbanks. Voice a sweet, clipped “cheer-it,” sometimes given in series.

https://ebird.org/species/btbeat1

Beautiful light and colour on this one. A nice clean, sharp image, but I would prefer to see a little more room at the top.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Excellent shot. Very colorful bird.
      Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

Very vibrant colours and nice and clean. Well done.
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
        Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

I am not sure if this is the same bird but under a different name in another country.
          As this looks exactly the same as the Rainbow Bee-eater that we have here.
          I know they are only a visitors here and breed here then head back up north when it gets a little cold.
          So I wonder if these are one of the same.

This is the ones we get in my area which is Northwest Victoria in Australia.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	A Few Good Ones 8-10-2022 (2363).jpg
Views:	45
Size:	249.6 KB
ID:	493382

Comment

Great pose Paolo. Tthink I would put it on a twig/branch to make it feel more like nature though. As long as that not against your religion.
            Better a full bottle in front of me
            than a full frontal lobotomy.
            Hans

Comment

• dolina
              dolina commented
              Editing a comment
              Branch/twig pose would have me traveling 100km up north. This photo was at a convenient location.

• HansE
              HansE commented
              Editing a comment
              I was thhinking of doing it without any travel

good capture of the bee eater, I like the details in the opened wing.
            agree with more room on top and
            I think some shadow boost would lift this shot also cos the back of the bird is in shadow
            Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Working...
            X