No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gray Catbird

Sitting in a bush not really bothered by my presence (I was maybe 2-3 meters away). One of our more common birds around here year round.

613A4456 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

613A4462 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Nice work David. I prefer the pose in the second shot. I find the blurred leaves at top right and bottom left a bit distracting, but otherwise excellent, nice and sharp on the bird and pleasant colours in the environment.

The trouble with common names - we also have a Green Catbird (link to eBird.org)
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• David_MC
      David_MC commented
      Editing a comment
      I like how humans name some species. "Sounds like a cat?" We'll call it a Catbird.

I agree with Alan on the blurry leaves but that's a part of the scene I guess. You've got focus spot on and super sharp. Well done. I like the name, does it eat cats? That combo camera and lens is giving you great results.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

• David_MC
      David_MC commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think I've ever managed a photo of these guys where they weren't in a tree or bush. The 7D Mark II is an older camera but still packs a punch when paired with the EF100-400mm II.

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm happy with my 7Dii. I can't see me going to mirrorless, so this will do me. I have the Tamron 18-400 permanently glued to it.

• Grumpy John
      Grumpy John commented
      Editing a comment
      Another happy 7DII user here, I have the Sigma 150-600 permanently attached to mine.

good work getting these,
    I think the 2nd is way stronger imho, with more perceived eye contact.
    I agree about the oof stuff being distractions also.
    unfamiliar with this species so they could well be as dark as presented,
    but for us aussies, it feels a tad dark, wondering if a little shadow lift would help that or not.
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Working...
    X