All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handsome Sunbird (Aethopyga bella)

Handsome Sunbird (Aethopyga bella) by Paolo Dolina, on Flickr

A tiny bird of wooded areas from the lowlands to the mountains. Has a fairly long, curved bill, a white belly, an olive wing, and a yellow patch on the back. Male has a yellow throat and chest, a purple ear spot, and a purple mustache stripe tipped with green. Note the green forecrown and pointed tail. Male somewhat resembles Metallic-winged Sunbird and other similar species, but Handsome has a red face and back. The drab female is similar to many other species, but is tiny and relatively short-billed. Voice includes a high-pitched jumbled song and a repeated sharp “chik!”

Source: https://ebird.org/species/hansun1

Aha, I finally saw the bird! Very well camouflaged in that lovely colourful plant. I'd like to do an edit with your permission.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

• dolina
      dolina commented
      Editing a comment
      Go for the edit! Many suggested I crop in further but I hesitate as there wouldnt be enough pixels to give enough details to appease the pixel peepers.

That is a gorgeous bird. Nice shot.
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

Beautiful little bird but it is a bit lost in the shade among the flowers. Brightening the bird would make a big difference.
      Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Bird brightened and BG dulled down a tad also. Cropping is up to you so I left that.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	11885971455_46a0d04efe_b-GBE.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	278.4 KB
ID:	493248
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
        Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

• wigz
          wigz commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks a rather overdone to me Isac, but the bird certainly stands out.

• Isac
          Isac commented
          Editing a comment
          very small pic Alan so not much to work with. Basically showing what can be done with simple adjustments and masks. Thanks for commenting.

nice capture, rework looks way over the top to me.
        although having said that, I felt the original image lacked contrast
        Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Working...
        X