All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashy Drongo (Dicrurus leucophaeus)

Ashy Drongo (Dicrurus leucophaeus) by Paolo Dolina, on Flickr

A slim, medium-sized drongo with bright red eyes and gray plumage that is almost black in the western parts of its range and quite pale in the eastern parts of its range; eastern birds also often have an oval-shaped pale facial patch. It has a long slim tail with a deep fork. Common in wooded habitats where it sallies for insects and aggressively chases other birds that may compete for food or nectar. Most birds migrate south every winter. Similar to Black Drongo, but slimmer and usually in different habitats. Calls include harsh and sweet notes, and can mimic some bird species poorly.

Source: https://ebird.org/species/ashdro1

Nice colours and well caught...:-)

Comment

Beautiful bird. Nicely done!
      Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

Lovely capture and well framed. Just need to brighten up the bird a bit.
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
        Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Unusually coloured bird and different to our only drongo which is glossy black with some spots on the breast. Very nice shot but the birds head could do with a little brightening..
          Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

nice shot of the bird. looks way too dark in the frame in my opinion. perhaps shadows lift. bright stuff in the background needs toning down or removing too
            Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Working...
            X