Collapse
No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female Pink-necked green pigeon (Treron vernans)

Female Pink-necked green pigeon (Treron vernans) by Paolo Dolina, on Flickr

Brightly-colored tree-dwelling pigeon. Adult male has a powder-pink neck, orange breast patch, gray-blue head, and yellow belly. Adult female is much plainer, is tea-green above and brighter yellow-green below. Both sexes have striking black-and-yellow wing feathers and yellow spotting on the undertail coverts. Adaptable, and can be found in mangroves, open coastal forests, parks, gardens, and plantation edges. Primarily a lowland species, but can on occasion be found in foothills. Social, often gathering in flocks; occasionally mixes with other green-pigeons. Unlike many other pigeons, not very vocal; occasionally gives strange, alien-sounding coos.

Source: https://ebird.org/species/pinpig3?siteLanguage=en_PH

That is an interesting color on that Pigeon. That red object on the right is a tad distracting. Nice shot though.
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

I agree with David, the red object could be easily removed. Lovely image, good detail and well framed.
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
      Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Beautiful bird, I enjoy the information you provide with your images, TFS.
        C+C,EDITS OK
        I shoot a Canon 90D with a few bits of glass.

Comment

good light and details on the bird.
          think the oof stuff right and front are massive distractions to this shot though
          Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Working...
          X