No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red-browed Finch

This one came fairly close and stayed for a short time feeding on the grass seeds. It didn't stop anywhere with a cleaner background though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220914_TygumPark_0245.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	295.9 KB
ID:	491027

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220914_TygumPark_0238.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	330.3 KB
ID:	491026

Alan W

My Gallery

Really cool looking bird. Great shots.
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks David.

I don't mind natural backgrounds Alan. It's a part of the bird's everyday life and that's its playground. It does blend a tiny bit with the background but that's OK because the contrast is very good and the bird's easy to see.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Isac. Yes it is the birds environment, but a non-distracting background with a bit of the environment included, usually makes a better photo.

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with that too. so easy to get that desired result with PS

I am afraid I repeat myself a lot but I like enviromental shots with wildlife photography.

Very nice Alan.

Dave

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Dave. I do too - I just prefer a little less of the environment sometimes.

Clear and detailed shots of the subject and grest colours. I'm not too bothered by the background, but I imagine you could blur it in post if you wanted.

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. Yes I could blur it in post but I'm happy enough to leave these as they are.

Nice set, lovely bird.

Paul

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Paul.

good detailed shots in the environment..
    background is fine, but the grass thru the bird is a little bit bothersome to my old eyes.
    not seen one around here in a while. hopefully soon.........
    well done
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Stephen. Yes the grass through the feathers annoyed me a bit but enough to try to remove it. They are quite common around here, but not always easy to photograph.

we found quite a few nests in a local park one time. often seem to nest in clumps.
    soon you will see them with that bit of grass in the beak with the male dancing with it to impress the female too
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

I have only been lucky enough to get more than crappy shots of one of these. So I say I have not got they yet as they are bad.
      But I like the way this is shot over the way that you would like to post it.
      And this shows how we can like one part equally while the other part we can be worlds apart.
      So for me it is a well done and I really do like what you have posted.

Comment

• wigz
        wigz commented
        Editing a comment
        Many thanks Ralph.

Lovely behavior shot. Pls consider editing out the blade of grass stabbing into the bird. I have an over active imagination that tells me its painful.

Comment

• wigz
        wigz commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. Ok I will do that. The bird definitely wasn’t bothered by it.
    Working...
    X