• Singing Honeyeater

Another bird captured while holidaying.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Singing Honeyeater.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	489206
    My Gear

You've really been getting into the birds John. Plenty of feather detail here and good pose.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• Grumpy John
      Grumpy John commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Alan, I would have preferred the bird to be sitting on a branch, but you take what you're given when it comes to wildlife.

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, it's better if you can see the whole bird, but they don't seem to follow instructions very well.

• Grumpy John
      Grumpy John commented
      Editing a comment
      Kids and animals, I think that I prefer animals.

Great shot John

Comment

• Grumpy John
      Grumpy John commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks mate.

Lovely sharp shot and creamy background. Looking at the EXIF you were on an ISO of 2500. What noise reduction do you use?

Comment

• Grumpy John
      Grumpy John commented
      Editing a comment
      I had the camera set up for BIF with a fast shutter speed and ISO set to auto. To answer your question I used the Object Selection Tool in Photoshop to select the bird and inverted the selection and used NIK Dfine 2 to reduce the noise. There wasn't that much noise to begin with though, I can put up the "noisy" image if you would like to see it.

Haven't worked out how to reply to a comment yet but thanks for the offer John.
    I would be interested to see the original to compare. It looks as if you may have been using the same kit as mine (7D mk11 with sigma 150-600) and I just think I would have a lot more noise.

Comment

• Grumpy John
      Grumpy John commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, same piece of kit, I love it. When I traded my other lenses to pay for the new R6 I have now, I kept the 7DII and the 150-600 because it is such a good combo.

Here is a SOOC for comparison.

Name:	SOOC.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	489339

To make a comment on a post just click the comment tab and a dialogue box will open for you. You can't place images in the comment box, but you can place links there.

Name:	comment.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	489340
    My Gear

Comment

• AlfandBen
      AlfandBen commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks John,
      I'm pretty certain mine would be worse than that so maybe there is a problem or maybe it's just me.
Working...
X