All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Topknot pigeons

G'day fellas

In Tennant Creek at the moment and have clusters of these small birds around our vehicle at the Info Centre
    They intreague me in that they are not afraid of people (understandable from the venue) but they do not seem to fly - they scurry across the ground with their tiny feet clocking at hundreds-of-steps per minute!

Thoughts?
    Phil
    Click image for larger version

Name:	zTop Knot Pigeon (6).jpg
Views:	59
Size:	448.9 KB
ID:	487683 Click image for larger version

Name:	zTop Knot Pigeon (3).jpg
Views:	56
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	487684

Well taken Phil. They seem to blend in with their surrounds which is good for them but not for photographers. #1 for me has more BG separation. Nice and sharp too. I'd soften the dark shadows a bit in post, but overall not a bad effort.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

They are spinifex pigeons Phil. Nice shots with plenty of detail considering the light looks like rather harsh. A dedicated bird photographer would lie on the ground to get these ☺️. The low angle makes a big difference.

I have only seen one, near Winton, and it was definitely afraid of people - it disappeared very quickly.
      Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• Ozzie_Traveller
        Ozzie_Traveller commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Alan ... these images were taken at the Tennant Creek tourist centre so I presume that they are well used to people walking by. To get these shots I sat on a mid-sized rock - part of the mining industry display that is alongside the Info place... and just waited until the birds started to come back past me. Overall there were maybe 30-50 birds in the area
        Phil
    Working...
    X