No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singing Honeyeater

A bird that is overlooked here quite a lot as it is common to see.
    But I still feel that they are worthy of getting their photo taken.
    23-06-22 close to home.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Back Button Focus 23-06-2022 (959).jpg
Views:	81
Size:	400.0 KB
ID:	487346
    1 front profile

Name:	Back Button Focus 23-06-2022 (957).jpg
Views:	80
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	487347
    2 right profile

Name:	Back Button Focus 23-06-2022 (964).jpg
Views:	78
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	487348
    3 Left profile.

Lovely little bird and well presented Ralph. All good profiles covered. Back ones aren't that interesting for most birds. Just a tip and I know you don't like editing, but a shadows lift really shows the detail in the darker parts of the bird. Lifting shadows is actually how we see it because our eyes can show us a lot higher dynamic range of colour and light, which is not what the camera shows. Cheers.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

• Ralph
      Ralph commented
      Editing a comment
      I will keep that in mind but I do shoot in Jpeg and I am not real sure if I did do that or not. But I have been fighting pain battles for the last month and more and I forget what I have done and at stages I just really don't give much more thought to a shot and post it as shot from the camera. Which I might have done here. Oh, please none of the you poor bugger things either please as me old mate said one time Such Is Life. And it is a battle which is winning at the moment. I might go and have a look at them now as I am awake so it will give me something to do tonight which is now.

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      I understand Ralph. You do what you can do and we expect nothing more than that. Stay positive mate.

Name:	Back Button Focus 23-06-2022 (957).jpg
Views:	80
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	487355
    Number 1 redone

Name:	Back Button Focus 23-06-2022 (959).jpg
Views:	78
Size:	419.7 KB
ID:	487354
    Number 2 redone

Name:	Back Button Focus 23-06-2022 (964).jpg
Views:	73
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	487356
    Number 3 redone.
    Isac I think this is what you mean as I lifted the shadows on all 3 and see what you mean.

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      That to me is a lot better Ralph. It's good to have a go.

All I say he's just a honey eater not singing at all. The pictures do look better and have a clarity about them that wasn't there before. Well done Ralph.
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

• Ralph
      Ralph commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Hans for what you have said. I am doing my best and I am a very slow learner.
      But sort of glad about that as it makes improvements even bigger cause it takes longer to get there making it more worth while.

G'day Ralph

Shadow lift or not -- they are a beaut bunch of damn fine images

Phil

Comment

• Ralph
      Ralph commented
      Editing a comment
      Phil thanks so much I like to learn and most times I post the way I like the look of them but it's always good to look at other options as it might be a good one. But I think the secret is if you like it then you make a change and you don't like it. Then you don't change it and leave it they way you had it.
      I know if I never like how these turned out I would not of reposted them like this. I would have just said I didn't like the outcome of that way.
      You have to please yourself before others no matter what is said I think.

Good detail and colour Ralph. Lifting the shadows so you can better see their eyes improves them for me.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• Ralph
      Ralph commented
      Editing a comment
      It was a good case of listening when the time was right. I must have just posted the 1st lot untouched thinking I had done things. But I get so bored doing the editing side of things I forget where I am up to. Honest answer.
Working...
X