No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mallee Emu Wren

A mate told me he knows exactly where some are and 3 trips out there and never seen one. I had a feeling he was leading me away from them and not to them.
    So on the 5-4-22 I went out to Hattah and stopped and there they were.
    There is a slight blur on them but this is because they move so fast and I will not knock my settings around to counter act that to end up with noise.
    And I am not going to buy a program to do this either. I though I would get that out the way right away.

These I think, and for my area the fastest birds we have even faster than our Weebills. The Wrens are just a blur when in flight so I am more than happy with what I got on the day.
    And I found them, I have got them before but that was only one then the next time the same but this time there was about 4 or 5 so this didn't help as I had to quickly work out which one. And by this time it was starting to move. So, I am happy to finally get these again.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Unbeatable 05-04-2022 (3773).jpg
Views:	71
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	485383
    # 1 and here he is.

Name:	Unbeatable 05-04-2022 (3774).jpg
Views:	85
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	485384
    # 2 a much better shot with it being darken up a little.

Name:	Unbeatable 05-04-2022 (3851).jpg
Views:	87
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	485385
    # 3 I like it myself as it was about to fly off in a millie second for when this shot was taken.

Name:	Unbeatable 05-04-2022 (3864).jpg
Views:	69
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	485386
    # 4 on top of the Spinefex Grass which hurts us but not them.

G'day mate

A beaut collection of images for such a small and active little bird. You have done well to get them while hidden inside the spinifex grasses

Phil

Comment

• Ralph
      Ralph commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Phil I am happy enough with them and they are better than my first couple of tries at them.
      I was out there today with the hope to get better shots but school holiday time and there is so much traffic about.
      So it might be an idea to keep away for a couple of weeks so they can settle again.

I agree with Phil, good work to get these fast little creatures.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

• Ralph
      Ralph commented
      Editing a comment
      I honestly couldn't get over just how fast they are. I watched when they were in full flight and it was just a black blur.
      I lift me lid to people who can capture these far better than me. Which I think has to be said if I can't say I missed them then who can.
      I think I am honest and know I have to say I missed getting them right but I have seen many others not here say these are good shots
      when if fact they are only okay. And I am fine with that.

Well done getting these Ralph. Just my curiosity, but if you don’t mind what is the maximum ISO you would use for birds, and what shutter speed and aperture did you use on these.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• Ralph
      Ralph commented
      Editing a comment
      I do know these could of easily had a faster setting but at that this time it was just quick get the shots, I hope you know what I mean by this.
      The actual settings were for all of them was F/ 6.3, 1/320th of a second and ISO of 200.
      So I will admit to these were able to be sped up but I wanted the shots and as it do work out they all did just disappear into the grasses and I had to move on to where I could no longer see them.
      And another thing I will admit to I once had my camera set to Auto ISO and I got these great shots of Welcome Swallows and the ISO went up high as they were in the shade and it destroyed the shot. So it became a case of once bitten twice shy.
      And again I am not trying to be difficult I am just so bloody slow.

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Ralph. Yes it happens to me quite often where a fleeting opportunity pops up but the camera settings aren’t right, and it’s gone before I can adjust. I hope you can track some down again.
Working...
X