No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IN BODY IMAGE STABALISATION (IBIS)

Obviously named after my favourite bird, seen here waiting for the rain.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	7965-IBIS.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	485326
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

They were a long way down on my list of favourite until I found out they will eat Canetoads.
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      No canetoads in Perth yet Hans but I'm sure they will arrive at some stage.

Hi Isac

Prefer O.I.S. meself ......... but the pic above is close enough -- could make a good pano using the central 1/3 of the image

Phil

Comment

• Ozzie_Traveller
      Ozzie_Traveller commented
      Editing a comment
      Goodness me - you fellers worry me with your typos .... seems like you've got your false teeth in downside-up
      GJ with the main header above and now Isac changing OIS to IOS .... blimey fellas !!

For the benefit of "u Lot up there" I insert below the text from the Panny website
      Phil
      = =
      All Panasonic cameras have an optical image stabiliser or OIS. The OIS compensates for hand shake and camera movement in all four directions, up, down, left and right. A gyro-sensor detects tiny movements of the camera and moves the OIS lens in the opposite direction to steer the image onto the image sensor. This reduces blurred images that would normally occur as a result of camera movement.

The Optical Image stabiliser is particularly effective when taking pictures where you are zoomed in, at a distance from the subject. Using a high magnification (zoom) exaggerates the effect of camera movement causing increased image blurring. OIS compensates for this movement producing a clear picture.

Panasonic were the first to introduce two optical image stabiliser modes into our digital cameras. Mode1 continually tracks the camera movement, even when framing up the shot (before taking the picture). Mode2 only compensates for camera movement when the shutter button is pressed (as the image is captured).

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      I fixed the typo. I wasn't sure about OIS because I don't have a Panasonic - but now I know Every camera manufacturer gives it a different name, just to make it easier.

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Just to add my two cents worth:

OIS is (usually?) a lens feature and each manufacturer has a different name, due to patents I think. IS for canon, VR for Nikon, OS for Sigma, and I can’t remember any others.

IBIS moves the sensor to achieve the same thing. The advantage is that you don’t need it built into each lens, and some cameras will use both body and lens stabilisation (if present) together to get the optimum result.

Seems like magic to me.

Don't knock it, Brisbane want to use it as an Olympic Games mascot.
    My Gear

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      I gather Qld has a few Ibis flying about John.

• Ozzie_Traveller
      Ozzie_Traveller commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah - and it does not excite me either
      Phil
Working...
X