No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whistling Kites

On the 16th of March still out at Hattah Lake itself I seen what I think to be 2 young Whistling Kite learning about life without the parents being too close.
    And I love the look on the stationary bird as it was happy to be photographed.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Nowingi & Hattah 16-03-2022 (480).jpg
Views:	47
Size:	211.2 KB
ID:	484820
    #1 the 2 flying about and an area I want to get much better at as it's isn't as easy to do as I thought.

Name:	Nowingi & Hattah 16-03-2022 (498).jpg
Views:	41
Size:	311.3 KB
ID:	484821
    #2 They fly by the old tree and this one landed with a feather in it's talons, not sure why.

Name:	Nowingi & Hattah 16-03-2022 (924).jpg
Size:	414.1 KB
ID:	484822
    #3 and here it it just looking around and not caring about anything as I can see.

Name:	Nowingi & Hattah 16-03-2022 (1022).jpg
Size:	371.6 KB
ID:	484823
    # 4 Looking down at me in this one.

Name:	Nowingi & Hattah 16-03-2022 (1264).jpg
Views:	50
Size:	189.7 KB
ID:	484824
    # 5 and my favourite in flight shot of the day.

I wonder if flying to them is like walking to us. Just something you do when you feel the need. It Obviously doesn't require too much brain power. I think I will see if I can learn a little later. Not easy to get them in flight I tried it last year at Charters Towers where they fly around the hill to catch the updraughts. Does your camera have animal eye focus? that would help.
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

• Ralph
      Ralph commented
      Editing a comment
      It does but with the Sigma lens and I am shooting in jpeg plus clear image zoom. It makes it lag. If I took off the clear image zoom then it would would better, but then for the main lot of shots I take I would lose out so one over the other and I picked the other.

Lovely work Ralph. Good sharp shots. Your kit, along with your skills, is delivering great images. The feather would maybe end up used as part of a nest. I managed a number of shots of the kites in S.A. when I did a river cruise on the Proud Mary a few years back.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

• Ralph
      Ralph commented
      Editing a comment
      The feather was dropped a little bit down the track and the bird watched it fall like it's best mate had just dropped to it's death.
      But happy with what I got this with the 2 of them.

Nice work Ralph. Getting a single bird in flight is difficult enough but you have managed to get two. Great feather detail in #3 and #4.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by wigz View Post
      Nice work Ralph. Getting a single bird in flight is difficult enough but you have managed to get two. Great feather detail in #3 and #4.
      Thanks for that Alan appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
      X