No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White-eared Honeyeater

This one didn't play well as it was in and out of the shadows of the branches and I could only get what I could.
    It was eating one of those thing's that produce a sweet taste to it and a lot of little birds eat the same thing to.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Nowingi & Hattah 16-03-2022 (83).jpg
Views:	57
Size:	370.9 KB
ID:	484804

Name:	Nowingi & Hattah 16-03-2022 (195).jpg
Views:	53
Size:	485.6 KB
ID:	484805

Name:	Nowingi & Hattah 16-03-2022 (220).jpg
Views:	51
Size:	451.1 KB
ID:	484806

Name:	Nowingi & Hattah 16-03-2022 (247).jpg
Views:	54
Size:	462.3 KB
ID:	484807

G'day Arthur

Wouldn't it be nice if we could sticky-tape the damn bird to a branch for as long as it took us to get a half-decent photo !! ~ but the damn things keep bouncing around from branch to branch, presenting their bum at us all too often

I suppose that these pics are the best possible - and you have done well with them ... that 100~400 is earning its keep !

Phil

Comment

• Ralph
      Ralph commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Phil and your point about them showing off their rear ends more than the front is so right. I have made it a practice to try not to get shots like that now as they just get deleted as soon as I see them now. So it is a total waste of time but I still get a few by mistake.
      And yes it is the Sigma 100/400mm lens it is good but I am want to get more reach but this will take time. And then I might be able to get a few more without have to get as close and a lot of the time scaring them off. But I have to use what I have and I think it is doing a good job.

Thanks for sharing this one Ralph. Lovely little honeyeater which I've never seen. Birds do what birds do and usually the smaller they are the more flashy and timid, so any shot is a good shot - rear end or not. Sometimes the back of a bird is more interesting than the front. Nice and sharp for these ones.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Isac View Post
      Thanks for sharing this one Ralph. Lovely little honeyeater which I've never seen. Birds do what birds do and usually the smaller they are the more flashy and timid, so any shot is a good shot - rear end or not. Sometimes the back of a bird is more interesting than the front. Nice and sharp for these ones.
      Thanks for that and the little birds are what I like the most. But with these types I have only had a few chances at them and never ending well I will say. These can do with a little more as if it was a little more out in the open but as they say with wild birds you just gotta take what you can get. But in full honesty I like to get shot of birds in the branches as I feel it adds to the shot. I know other want to pure pose shots. I will take them when I can get them but over all if they are in the tree/bush I am happy to take their shot as long as the bird still can be seen what it is. Not a small blob like I have seen (not here) but I think why take a shot of a bush. So these are still on my hit list for a much better shot of them.

Comment

Looks like #3 would brighten up a bit making the bird stand out some from it shadowy surrounds.
        Better a full bottle in front of me
        than a full frontal lobotomy.
        Hans

Comment

• Ralph
          Ralph commented
          Editing a comment
          I will lay the blame on here on this one as it was lighter and the comments I have been getting I thought the way it was I would have been told it was too bright so I darkened it up . True story. I will post them from now the way I like them and see what happens.

• HansE
          HansE commented
          Editing a comment
          Ha ha sprung! You should always do it for you as the most important person here! As I am

Looks like a game of hide and seek Ralph. Well done getting them in focus between all those twigs.
        Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by wigz View Post
          Looks like a game of hide and seek Ralph. Well done getting them in focus between all those twigs.
          Thanks but I am still after a better shot, well I think every birder goes out trying to get a better shot each time.
          This one was not playing by the rule book. So it made it really hard to get the just right shot.

Comment

Working...
          X