No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greater Blue Bonnet

I am not sure why the Greater part to the name is there but here we just call the Blue Bonnets.
    These can be hard to get as they are not friendly at all. They will go to the middle of a shrub and just when you have focus they will fly off on you.
    Or you will follow them and think you are right and bang off they go. So many times we just keep driving by them.
    On this day I was lucky enough to be able to land a few shots of them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Kelso 09-03-2022 (379).jpg
Views:	81
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	484498

Name:	Kelso 09-03-2022 (391).jpg
Views:	70
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	484499

Name:	Kelso 09-03-2022 (392).jpg
Views:	67
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	484500

Name:	Kelso 09-03-2022 (399).jpg
Views:	74
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	484501

Very good detail on these Ralph. Lovely bird with many colours. I don't mind birds in trees which is their natural habitat - makes them look right at home. They aren't seen in W.A. so it's great to see other Aussie birds.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

• Ralph
      Ralph commented
      Editing a comment
      That is the beauty of places like this if we can't travel to see them people in the area if here will sooner or later post up a shot of a bird you want to see.

As Isac said, excellent detail. Looks like the light was quite harsh, which would have made things difficult. Nice pose in #3 and I like #3 and #4 the best, as the bird is more evenly lit, and better light on the eyes.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• Ralph
      Ralph commented
      Editing a comment
      These were facing right into the morning sun if I remember rightly. And I just took them as they sat there as with these it is so unusual for them to sit when you are so close by. So the way I look at it any shot you can get of these you take it.

Nice to have as part of your collection. It is a great looking bird maybe that's where the greater comes from. He sure had his eye on you.
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

• Ralph
      Ralph commented
      Editing a comment
      I have got a mate who got given a heap of bird books and they were sitting in his opened ended shed and I asked if he was doing anything with them.
      Cut it shot he gave them to me and I have noticed a few birds with name changes but just can't remember off hand just what ones.

Your's and my stars must be aligned. A friend who was cleaning out his shed gave me 2 bird books this morning and they are fabulous!

Name:	7424-Birds_Of_Australia.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	484778

Name:	7423-The_Australian_Bird_Garden.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	484779
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

• Ralph
      Ralph commented
      Editing a comment
      It's good getting new books to your own library and a good many hours of going through the pages.

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      I Know! The photos and content in these books is outstanding.
Working...
X