No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow Rumped Thornbill

I have never seen one of these before. Maybe now the lake has dried up, these tiny birds are finding some little bugs to feed on. Not the best IQ but they are very shy and super fast and the light was harsh. Get what you can I reckon. I'll keep a lookout for more and use the Siggy 150-500 and get the shutter up to 1/2000th.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	7269-Bird_ID.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	484471
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Not bad considering the conditions Isac. Hopefully they will stay around when the water returns.
    Do you have many noisy miners around, they scare a lot of the smaller birds off?
    Was this taken with the Tammy?
    My Gear

Comment

Yeah taken with the Tammy and it was a bit bright and a fair distance away. I'm hoping to see more but that's a wait and see situation. The noisy miners are endemic to eastern and south-eastern Australia so we don't see them here (hopefully). They are aggresive and can cause harm to the smaller birds.
      I Shoot A Canon

Comment

We have these here in good numbers but really hard to get close to so I do my best when I see them.
        Here they are with the Southern Whiteface who have the same ground hugging habits. Then you can add in the Chestnut-rumped Thornbill.
        All who are with the same flighty habits, though the Chestnut-rumped one is far less flighty to the others

Comment

• Isac
          Isac commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Ralph. I'd be keen to see those birds if you have some photos to post.

Here are a few Yellow Rumped Thornbill shots. I just done a quick hunt for them so they are in not real order or date when I originally posted them.

Name:	Great Outing 26-02-2022 (231).jpg
Views:	42
Size:	274.1 KB
ID:	484596

Name:	Great Outing 26-02-2022 (246).jpg
Views:	38
Size:	390.0 KB
ID:	484597

Name:	Great Outing 26-02-2022 (251).jpg
Views:	34
Size:	396.0 KB
ID:	484598

Name:	LWL04689.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	484599
        The last one is where I was starting to get things right in camera over editting the shots in Photoshop.

Comment

Much better than I got Ralph! The last one is appealing to me because that's the type of activity I captured when I saw them here.
          I Shoot A Canon

Comment

• Ralph
            Ralph commented
            Editing a comment
            This last shot is when I started to work out how to do things better. I know I will still have to fall backs here and there but over all that one was the better of the lot what I posted.

• Isac
            Isac commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for that Ralph.
        Working...
        X