No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the Unbrella Tree

I've been keeping an eye on the progress of the flowers on the neighbour's Umbrella Tree. Usually the lorikeets and miners love it, but so far this year they haven't paid it much attention. Either the flowers aren't quite ready or there are a lot of other food trees in flower.

A few birds have started to feed on one flower cluster and I managed to get these today from the back door. I usually remove the fly-screen and glass from the kitchen window which gives great access but that gives a poor angle for this one flower cluster.

Just static shots so nothing very exciting, but I quite like the light from the overcast sky. It's been raining occasionally during the day.

All with Nikon D800 and Nikon 500 PF. 1/400, f/5.6. ISO varied between 450 and 560.

1. Rainbow Lorikeet
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20220215_RainbowLorikeets_0008.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	484030

Name:	20220215_RainbowLorikeets_0009.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	484031

Name:	20220215_RainbowLorikeets_0011.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	484032

4. Noisy Miner

Name:	20220215_RainbowLorikeets_0018.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	446.6 KB
ID:	484033

Alan W

My Gallery

Another great set Alan, you're luck to have a good source of food for Lorikeet's. We get a few parrots visiting the park next door but they perch so high up and deep into the foliage that it's next to impossible to get a decent shot.
    My Gear

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks John. I have them nice and close for a couple if weeks once a year. They do visit our callistemons regularly but you rarely get a clear shot.

Beautiful shots Alan. I love the Lorikeets, they are so uniquely coloured. Well framed with a pop of colour from the berries.I don't see the noisy minors here, they are endemic to the east. I have captured a few while in Adelaide on the odd occasion. I don't think I have them though since the July attack.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Isac. The miners are a bit of a pest as they are aggressive to other birds, although the lorikeets are too much for them.

How nice, and so well composed with the diagonals. Good job.
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Hans. I can't take much credit for the composition though, it's pretty much dictated by the flower spikes.

G'day Alan

Another cluster of images that I enjoy having a second look at coz they're so good !
    The colours - both birds and flower seeds are great

Phil

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Phil.
Working...
X