All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corellas flocking overhead

G'day all

Camping in outback Queensland I've come upon a mega-flock of Corellas - occupying 4 or 5 large trees, there much be 1500 to 2000 birds overall. The noise can be heard 1/2-km away

1)- a small part of one 'breakaway' group winging overhead ~ about 200 in this image

exif- Panny FZ-300; 1/2000sx F7,1; ISO-800; lens at 24x zoom / 600mm FFequiv

2) "coming in ~ grab a branch"

exif- Panny FZ-300; 1/2000sx F8; ISO-800; lens at 20x zoom / 500mm FFequiv (then heavily cropped more)

3) "look out below"

exif- Panny FZ-300; 1/2000sx F6,3; ISO-800; lens at 20x zoom / 500mm FFequiv (then heavily cropped further)

As always, feedback welcome

Phil

Some great images there Phil. Can't pick a favourite.
    My Gear

Comment

Birds of a feather. Well captured. I like all three. It does give you a good idea of the bird.
      Better a full bottle in front of me
      than a full frontal lobotomy.
      Hans

Comment

Gotta love large groups of birds and you've captured great content Phil. My screen is showing really patchy blue sky do you know what is causing that?
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
        Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Well done Phil, I find it hard to capture large groups of birds. Looks like noise in the sky.in #2.
          Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• Ozzie_Traveller
            Ozzie_Traveller commented
            Editing a comment
            G'day Alan

with #2 and #3 being a 1000px crop from a 4000px image - we are seeing right down to the sensor ..... so it's a big enlargement and thus some / heaps of / noise will be there

Isac- sorry about the patchy blue sky - caused by lots of tiny aliens racing across the lower universe

Phil

• Isac
            Isac commented
            Editing a comment
            You're a funny man Phil and you know the "patchies" are real easy fix.
        Working...
        X