No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lonely Pelican

Taken at Lake Pamamaroo N.S.W. close to sunset with storm clouds rolling in. It was bloody freezing with 30 Km winds gusting off the lake when I noticed this pelican fly past. No time to compose, just lift the camera and hope for the best. There is too much I like about this image to crop to the ROT, or negative space so I left is as taken.

Any C & C appreciated.

EXIF Details:
    Make: Panasonic
    Model: DMC-FZ300
    Software: Ver.2.2
    Date/Time: 2021-05-10 17:17:06
    Exposure Time: 1/1000 sec
    F Number: f/4
    ISO Speed ratings: ISO 100
    Exposure Program: Normal
    Metering Mode: Multi-segment
    Exposure Bias: 0 EV
    Flash: No flash,compulsory
    Focal Length: 30.1 mm
    35mm Equivalent: 174 mm

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lonely Pelican.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	478414
    My Gear

Good capture John. Very different look to a BIF shot - more a silhouette. I like the angry looking sky and the different layers of brightness. A bit more ROT for the bird but that's just me being me.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

• Grumpy John
      Grumpy John commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with the ROT comment, but it is what it is. I looked up for some reason to see him flying past and banged off a quick shot. If I had taken the time to compose properly I probably would have missed it.
      Yes, it was a very angry sky, the wind and rain made outdoor cooking very difficult. SWMBO thought it was quite funny to see me trying the stop the windguard around the gas cooker flying away as I was cooking dinner.

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sure withy your advanced PS skills it wouldn't take much to nudge the peli over a few inces.
      I've no plans to go down the outdoor cooking path John. I'm a creature comfort guy these days. My time of life to take it easy.

• Grumpy John
      Grumpy John commented
      Editing a comment
      My PS skills are not that advanced Isac, I'm leaving it as is.

You have captured a lot in this shot John. That’s a dramatic sky, and some rays and a pelican as well.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• Grumpy John
      Grumpy John commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Alan, it's a pity that the pelican is in the centre of the image. Halfway between where it is now and the right edge would be perfect.

G'day mate

Beaut to see the FZ is getting a good workout
    As to this pic - easiest solution would be a square crop thus realigning the bird in the frame ....... but really, I like it as it is with that dramatic sky as well

Phil

Comment

• Grumpy John
      Grumpy John commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for commenting Phil. There is so much that I like about this image that I'm leaving it I'm not touching it.
Working...
X