No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australasian Figbird (I think) feeding

From October last year at Eagleby Wetlands. It may be an immature male. Females and immatures are supposed to have grey skin around the eyes, while this one has red.

Nikon D800 and Nikon 500mm PF f/5.6

Click image for larger version  Name:	20201009_Eagleby_0094_sml.jpg Views:	0 Size:	114.6 KB ID:	477715

Click image for larger version  Name:	20201009_Eagleby_0102_sml.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.5 KB ID:	477713

Click image for larger version  Name:	20201009_Eagleby_0103_sml.jpg Views:	0 Size:	118.2 KB ID:	477714
    Alan W

My Gallery

You're showing off now Alan, seriously another great set from you and your Nikon combo.
    It is in fact an Australasian Figbird. I use an app called Merlin Bird ID on my iPhone, I assume it is also available for Android. It's free and works very well.
    My Gear

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks John. Just a matter of right place, right time. The lens was almost too long as the bird was quite close.

Lovely quality images Alan. Detail is superb! definitely a juvenile male. Funny how much they change dramatically as they head into adulthood.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Mmmmm ..... I didn't notice the tails. If it was an issue for you, I'm sure you would have fixed it in PP

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      I have been known to do so in the past if the image was otherwise good enough.

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Only you are the judge Alan so what ever floats your boat
Working...
X