Collapse
No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osprey - coming & going or something along those lines :)

G'day all

In our local district we have several Osprey (sometimes called sea eagles) families and they can be seen on bridge lighting posts watching and waiting 'for a customer'

This one launched into the sky for a hunt, but was unsuccessful and returned only a minute or more later

typical exif- Panny FZ-200; 1/1600s x F4,0; ISO-100; lens at 600mm (FFequiv)

As always, feedback welcome

Phil

Nice to get a shot or two like that Phil - Lucky You!!. Just for fun, (besides a shadows lift) I'd remove the pole in #1, give it a fish and call it a BIF shot.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Osprey.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	183.4 KB
ID:	476411
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

G'day Isac

A superb edit by you and a winner in any comp .... except oh bugga, ya not allowed to blend images when submitting into Nature comps

ps- I do admire your PP skills - far beyond mine
      Phil

Comment

• Isac
        Isac commented
        Editing a comment
        You're very kind Phil. Are you allowed to remove distractions or obstructions?

• Ozzie_Traveller
        Ozzie_Traveller commented
        Editing a comment
        G'day mate
        In any photo comps conducted under the internationally accepted "Nature" photo comp rules the image must be ex-camera with only small adjustments for cropping or exposure tweaks (ie- levels and such like)

As soon as the author combines two or more partial images into a new image, it can only be entered into an 'Open category' comp where blended images are allowed
        Phil

• Isac
        Isac commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for that Phil. I'll have to flick through my collection and see if National Geographic want any. ..................... All done they said "no".

Nice shots Phil. They are impressive birds. Never enter a competition the Isac is also entering.
      Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• Isac
        Isac commented
        Editing a comment
        Your remarks are appreciated Alan but I've been doing this stuff for many years and I love a challenge. I just wish more folks would ask for tips so I don't take all this to my grave.

• Ozzie_Traveller
        Ozzie_Traveller commented
        Editing a comment
        G'day Isac

Yes matey ... we all have heaps of knowledge that we will take to our grave ... and it is one of life's buggas that it happens ~ but time and technology always marches on. 100 yrs ago there were heaps of people with heaps of skills with using horses for work and transport - and 50 yrs ago it was typewriter technicians ... and 25yrs ago it was film!

The 'however' comes into it here - you can set yourself up a U-Tube channel and join all sorts of others flogging their stuff, or (as I did) put it into user manuals and run Adult-Ed classes or external workshops for new users.

In the final decade of my Adult Ed time in Canberra I had just over 2000 adults thru my classrooms, and then on the wallaby with the photo workshops for 6-7 years gave me a smaller number but great satisfaction

These days I just want to enjoy myself rather than always be at the cutting edge - but anyone who is / like to be at the cutting edge can start something of this nature and see where it takes them

Phil
    Working...
    X