No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastern Rosella

Missed focus too much in the way of plants about and just focussed past the bird

Click image for larger version

Name:	20077377.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	421.6 KB
ID:	473141.
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Name:	20077381.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	337.6 KB
ID:	473143
    A bit better.
    Hans

Comment

Couple of nice shots Hans. Are you using spot focus?
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
      Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

• HansE
        HansE commented
        Editing a comment
        Not sure what it's called but it was manual focus and it has an indicator which when used in the past has worked well. Has three arrows which come together. It also places a colour halo on things when focused. The weeds were a big problem here. I will have to have a word with the gardener.

G'day Hans

Just like many of mine ... an 'almost there' pic that is open to enjoy, but not quite as perfect as we would like it to be
      We are our worst critics - each of us knows what is possible "when things are perfect" but we also know that perfection does not arrive too often nor easily

fwiw- Hans, I also have plenty of 'good' images that are slightly 'off' ... so thanks for sharing yours with us
      Phil

Comment

• HansE
        HansE commented
        Editing a comment
        So true and in retrospect I probably spoiled someone the pleasure of telling me it was a very iffy shot

• Isac
        Isac commented
        Editing a comment
        I would never tell you it was "iffy" Hans. I always thought I was perfect but it gets pointed out on a regular basis by SWMBO that it's far from the truth

• HansE
        HansE commented
        Editing a comment
        The virtual finger was not pointed at anyone specifically

funny the first one ran off in manual focus. possibly a case of watching the dots come together rather than what you eyes tell you about whether the bird is sharp or not.

if you were going to use AF, I always find that you use the minimum number of points active at a time and if you can keep it on the subject, you decide what the camera focuses on and not what it thinks you want, ( which is very often the background or something with more contrast)
      sorry if you already know this, I will go suck eggs.
      exposure on the bird looks down a tad too, depending on the metering you use, the light stuff behind the bird would cause it to under expose.
      I look to use +1/3 to +2/3 ec and check it if you have time in a situation like that.
      even if it is a tad over you can pull back in post if you had to and not have to lift in post where you may well get noise by boosting the exposure.
      Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

It was close enough in RAW for me to not bother with an exposure adjustment acording to the histogram. The lens at 400mm didn't help with the ease of focussing. Using the newer RF lens allows you to make an visual adjustment that you can evaluate in the electronic viewfinder which is very handy.
        Here it is in the RAW

Name:	ScreenHunter 367.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	473267
        Hans

Comment

I reckon I would have lifted a bit. Comes down to personal tastes
          Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter