No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kookaburra

A handsome but very noisy kookaburra perched on a tree just outside our back door. Pentax K10D and Tamron AF 70-300mm F4-5.6 Tele-Macro.

_IGP3366 by Ray Allen, on Flickr

_IGP3365 by Ray Allen, on Flickr
    Regards,
    Ray Allen.

Much less daring than the ones around here. Janice had one fly past and take a bit of food that she was about to put into her mouth out of her hand yesterday. It scratched the side of her check as it went past.

Comment

• rayallen
      rayallen commented
      Editing a comment
      Gee, they really are a bit cheeky down your way. This one wasn't scared of me but he was watching me very carefully.

Couple of good images there Ray. Nicely framed. Just a idea, have you thought about brightening up the eyes a bit? I'm doing up a small tutorial on applying a dodge and burn layer which is perfect for doing that. I hope to post it today, sometime.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

• rayallen
      rayallen commented
      Editing a comment
      My previous attempts at doing that sort of thing did not turn out well so I didn't try on the above images. I will watch out for your tutorial, Isac. Always willing to learn!

Down to my last of three cats. I can then start attracting some birds. I presume someone gives them some food. I like picture #1 better than #2 even though #2 might be technically superior.
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

• rayallen
      rayallen commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Hans. Yes, I prefer #1 also. #2 is to show that when I was moving around to get another angle he was then following my every move.

Some folks don't like sharing their pub tucker with kookaburras. Very sad that a person needs to act like this. WATCH
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

• rayallen
      rayallen commented
      Editing a comment
      That is disgraceful. I dare not say what I am thinking.

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      What a looser. They should have put his picture up.

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, he got in a bit of strife with some of the locals and had to leave town.

Nice pair of pics,my pic would be #1 also,though both are nice and sharp showing plenty of detail,nice catch.
    C+C,EDITS OK
    I shoot a Canon 90D with a few bits of glass.

Comment

• rayallen
      rayallen commented
      Editing a comment
      Many thanks, Kevin. Yes, I prefer #1 also.

nice work on this. first one the best and I agree with some lightening around the eye. even a hint of shadow lifting?
    with bird photography, we aim to get eye contact where ever possible and the first gives the required perceived eye contact,
    what you will find with longer beaked birds is that you cant get DOF front to back if the bird is really looking your way (unless you are a decent way away and crop it)
    so profile always looks better.
    whether the bird can really see you or not doesnt matter cos we can see its eye, and of course the image is sharp across the whole thing.
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

• rayallen
      rayallen commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the tips re bird photography. I will bear them in mind.

Sorright
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Working...
    X