No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kookaburra antics

Just a bit of fun watching one of our locals.

"Well, there must be something around here to feast on!"
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1226-Kookaburra.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	204.4 KB
ID:	466504
    "Nup!! just grass".

Name:	1231-Kookaburra.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	300.5 KB
ID:	466505
    "Oh well, I'm off to check elsewhere!"

Name:	1235-Kookaburra.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	220.5 KB
ID:	466506
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

first one is a nice study of the kooks. sometimes if possible I try to move my shooting position to the left or right to try to avoid bright stuff behind the subject. sometimes the bright background will fool the cameras meter if you not shooting manually also so you can get a darker bird too. perhaps a little more shading lift on the bird would help this shot. the flying kooka looks like you all but nailed it. not sure of shutter speed used but you can even pull this sort of thing off at as low as 1/125 but it will allow no margin for error.
    seems a bit noisy overall, wondering if the images was dark and lifted in post of shot at high iso?

Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the lesson Stephen. I had the dog walking me and I was lucky to get anything at all so moving to the side was not an option. I always take the camera on our walks, just in case I see something worthwhile. The kooka was actually a real dirty brown colour, not whiteish like I usually see. I always shoot manual now and the exif is f/10 - 800 ISO - 1/1000th. The "in flight" shot was f/10 - 600 ISO - 1/1000th. I've put them into my "snap shots album", only because I liked the story. I know the IQ wasn't up to par
Working...
X