Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	466415
    #2 - Red Wattle Bird
    Click image for larger version

Name:	0778-Red_Wattle_Bird.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	466414
    #3 - Red Wattle Bird playing hide and seek - No chance with those bright red earrings!

Name:	0786-Red_Wattle_Bird.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	187.4 KB
ID:	466417
    #4 - Eurasian Coot

Name:	0855-Eurasian_Coot.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	242.6 KB
ID:	466416
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

light not kind to you in the first 3 but perhaps some shadow highlight can lift them? last is my fave here with best light etc. maybe the ringneck could have some more exposure also if the highlights in background toned down a tad?
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Cheers for that Stephen. All noted and yes it was pretty bright sun. I have to take what I can get. Most of my visits to the lakes are around 10:30am so I do likie the overcast days better. I'll have a go at your suggested edits - thanks. Always willing to learn from the master!
      It's strange that you called the 28 Parrot a Ringneck. In WA we only call them 28's and never hear them called Ringnecks.
      They are also known as the Yellow-collared Parrot, (Barnardius zonarius semitorquatus) and are found in south-west West Australia. Its call sounds like the words "‘twenty eight," which explains their name.
      It does come under the Australian Ringneck (Barnardius zonarius) parrot which is native to all mainland Australian states.
      There are 4 sub species:
      Mallee Ringnecks and Conclurry Parrots which are found in the Northern Territory, north-western Queensland and inland eastern Australia.
      Port Lincoln and Twenty-eight Parrots are found in central and western arid Australia.
      In WA we only know Ringnecks as these guys.
      Male:

Name:	Indian Ringneck parrot Male.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	466435
      Female:

Name:	Indian Ringneck parrot Female.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	466436
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
      Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

around here they call em ringnecks. some stuff has diff names across the country. the blue grey one looks like indian ringneck to me. we not get them in these parts. some of the aust ones have quite defined yellow rings around the necks, the the name seems appropriate

Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

• Isac
          Isac commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for that Stephen. Different places - different names, just like polony in the West and devon in the East!
      Working...
      X