All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wattlebirds in with the flowers

G'day all

All around us at the moment are hundreds of wattlebirds, lorikeets and misc others, aoo after the nectar from the banksias and some eucalypts.
    They are raucous, they start soon after 5am and keep going till sunset - and when I get out with the camera, they all seem to diasppear into the foliage - the rotten blighters. However, today I managed to get a couple of good shots - here they are

1)

2)

3)

Typical exif- Panny FZ2500; max zoom then cropped slightly ... ~approx 600mm [ff equiv]; 1/1000s x F4,5; ISO-250

As always, feedback welcome
    Phil

They are a really gorgeous bird Phil (tic). They are actually noisy friarbirds. Lovely shots of them pigging out in the bootlebrush. To me (and I'm geting on!) they look to have the beak of a magpie, the head of an Ibis and the body of a cuckoo shrike!! A real "Bitsa".
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

some nice captures here. the 2nd is the clear winner imho. good habitat and less distractions. well done
      Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Thanks both of you ~
        Hmmmm - Noisy friarbirds eh? ... well wotcha know, I've been calling 'em the wrong name for years > it's no wonder then never came to the table at meal times

Phil

Comment

• Isac
          Isac commented
          Editing a comment
          You're not alone Phil. I was calling Purple Swamp Hens, Purple Moorhens for years. I forgave myself, because they do look similar. I had to rename them all! Easy job with my Multi-Rename tool
          Last edited by Isac; 01-10-2019, 11:31 AM.
      Working...
      X