No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistletoebird

Hi all...thought I'd drop in and say "GiDay", see what's happening, also, see who's still around?

Mistletoe berries are everywhere at the moment so these guys are becoming active. This little guy is roughly the size of a 'BIC' cigarette lighter.

#1. Mistletoebird ♂

Canon EOS 80D - 1/320 sec - Aperture priority - 0.33 EV - ƒ8 - ISO 400 - 400 mm - Spot

Last edited by Gaz; 17-06-2019, 12:23 PM. Reason: Drink wine. It isn't good to bottle things up.

What if there were no Hypothetical questions?
    CC always welcomed, feel free to post your ideas with an edit if you have time - Thanks.

Hard to imagine the size with no scale. Nice capture. Sharp and nice natural colours.
    Sony A7rii
    https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

Welcome back Gaz, and a big G'day to you to. We have a few of the old crew dropping in occasionally, but not many bothering to say hi, so thank you.
      Lovely image of what appears to be a pretty small bird.
      Just a favour to ask, these old eyes of mine struggle at the best of times, would you mind upping the darkness of your EXIF data just a tad .
      My Gear

Comment

Originally posted by Toddyh View Post
        Hard to imagine the size with no scale. Nice capture. Sharp and nice natural colours.
        Thanks very much, Tod
        They are rather small and can be very bold at times. I count myself lucky that I've found a spot at 'eye level' with plenty of berries and heaps of light from about 8(ish) onward. Just a matter of getting there reasonably early to set up and then wait for them to land about 1½ - 2 meters away. Easy...

Originally posted by Grumpy John View Post
        Welcome back Gaz, and a big G'day to you to. We have a few of the old crew dropping in occasionally, but not many bothering to say hi, so thank you.
        Lovely image of what appears to be a pretty small bird.
        Just a favour to ask, these old eyes of mine struggle at the best of times, would you mind upping the darkness of your EXIF data just a tad .
        Thanks for the welcome, John.
        You're right...very small, yet a lot of fun to chase.

I've altered the text for you (can understand why you're grumpy now...)

CC always welcomed, feel free to post your ideas with an edit if you have time - Thanks.

Comment

• Grumpy John
          Grumpy John commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks mate, I'm only grumpy 'till i get my first coffee.

• Gaz
          Gaz commented
          Editing a comment
          Ha ha ha...know the feeling. Cheers.

nice details in this one. bit of a bummer about the branch thru the head but oof enough to be ok. I reckon a little less head turn would have improved this also.
        before we moved bush there was a place in sydney with lots of thise guys around and even a few nests. enjoyed them a lot.
        Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Lovely shot Gaz (and welcome back). The colours are similar to the welcome swallows which dart around our local lake. Nice sharp image. Removing the branch above it's head would make it perfect.
          I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
          My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
          Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by avkomp View Post
            nice details in this one. bit of a bummer about the branch thru the head but oof enough to be ok. I reckon a little less head turn would have improved this also.
            before we moved bush there was a place in sydney with lots of thise guys around and even a few nests. enjoyed them a lot.
            Thanks very much, Stephen.
            You're right about that branch, I'll work on getting a better image while they're still around and feeding.

Originally posted by Isac View Post
            Lovely shot Gaz (and welcome back). The colours are similar to the welcome swallows which dart around our local lake. Nice sharp image. Removing the branch above it's head would make it perfect.
            Thanks very much for the 'welcome back', Isac.
            It's a lot of fun when they come around (apparently they are here all the time, but I can only find them this time of year) so I'll be making the most of it and hopefully get a stick-less version

Comment

Working...
            X