No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humming birds from Costa Rica

I finally edited some of my bird photos from the Costa Rica trip last November.

The Snowcap is only about 50mm long, quick as a flash in the dense shrubbery making it very difficult to photograph.

The Black Crested Coquette male has black plumes rising out of it's head, very spectacular but unfortunately the didn't show up.

There are about 55 species of humming birds and some have very long straight beaks while others have curved beaks. Depends on the types of flowers they feed on so whats good for one species isn't necessarily good for the other, depends whether they can reach the nectar.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20181114_2244--White-necked-Jacobin.jpg Views:	1 Size:	44.6 KB ID:	463322

White Necked Jacobin. (white not visible in this shot)

Click image for larger version  Name:	20181114_2284--Black-crested-Coquette.jpg Views:	1 Size:	75.2 KB ID:	463323

Female Black Crested Coquette.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20181114_2309--Snowcap-hummingbird.jpg Views:	1 Size:	122.8 KB ID:	463324

Snowcap

Click image for larger version  Name:	20181114_2326--Green-breasted-Mango.jpg Views:	1 Size:	71.4 KB ID:	463325

Green Breasted Mango.

Nikon D810 Nikon 24-70mm f2.8
    Nikon 105mm f2.8 Micro lens
    150-600mm Tamron

Nice captures Wombat.
    My only cc would be that the background of #1 and #4 don't provide the contrast against the birds that would really make them pop. #1 probably due to the shadow on the bird against the dark background.
    Sony A7rii
    https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

Amazing little birds. I like #4 best but think the bird is a little light.
      Better a full bottle in front of me
      than a full frontal lobotomy.
      Hans

Comment

I think you did well with what was available to you wombat. They are really colourful little birds. Good work.
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
        Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Thank you all for your constrictive feedback.
          Nikon D810 Nikon 24-70mm f2.8
          Nikon 105mm f2.8 Micro lens
          150-600mm Tamron

Comment

Working...
          X