All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian Spotted Crake

Hi all,

It's been quite awhile since I've posted on here. For those who don't know me, or have forgotten me , I usually do a lot of close-up/macro photography, mostly native orchids and fungi. Of late due to the lack of subjects, I've been out birding.

A couple of recent shots

Australian Spotted Crake

Click image for larger version

Name:	46899351411_5ee45ec9e9_b.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	365.5 KB
ID:	462481

Click image for larger version

Name:	46899351561_8b0a58a1f4_b.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	293.9 KB
ID:	462482
    Cheers Richard !

Hi Richard. #1 is great. Good lighting and nice and sharp.
    The speckled light in #2 detracts from it a little.
    Sony A7rii
    https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

Originally posted by Toddyh View Post
      Hi Richard. #1 is great. Good lighting and nice and sharp.
      The speckled light in #2 detracts from it a little.
      Thank you for your kind comments.
      #2 is more about showing the habitat and the difficulty of not only finding these birds, but also photographing them. I appreciate your feedback!
      Cheers Richard !

Comment

Hi Richard, great to have you back posting. What a couple of great images, focus is spot on. Well done with #2 in what looks like difficult lighting conditions.
        My Gear

Comment

Agree, very difficult shot but I think you have done very well in the conditions.
          Lloyd
          Never make the same mistake twice, there are so many new ones, try a different one each day
          Flickr
          Smugmug

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy John View Post
            Hi Richard, great to have you back posting. What a couple of great images, focus is spot on. Well done with #2 in what looks like difficult lighting conditions.
            Originally posted by LJG View Post
            Agree, very difficult shot but I think you have done very well in the conditions.
            Thank you both for your kind comments!

Cheers Richard !

Comment

Trying something different is always a good thing Richard. Lovely detail and colours. I've never seen one before so you're one up on me
              I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
              My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
              Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

These are really hard to get a shot off.
                There is one in a man made lake system and there is one in there.
                I got told about it and seen the shots a few of them got and up until a little while ago I had only seen them through their eyes.bird

One day I went down there and as I walked up I seen this small bird darting about.
                Getting closer I zoomed in and it was one of these.
                I really was take back by the size of it (and yes I should have done my own research) and there was this little bird slightly bigger than a Quail..
                But I got my shots and not to brag as I couldn't as they were not even half as good as these images.
                Though I got it and once I get better shots I will post my shots up.

Comment

Working...
                X