No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toucans of Costa Rica

Last November we went to Costa Rica for a wildlife and bird photography work shop. What an amazing place, the bird life was out of this world. They have over 800 species and they are also on the migrating bird flightpath between Nth.America and Sth. America When Mother Nature allocated the colours to the birds she must have been on an LSD trip.

The images below are Collared Aracari. They are in the mid size of toucans.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	462110 #2

Name:	
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	462111 #3

Name:	
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	462112
    Last edited by Isac; 18-01-2019, 06:46 PM.
    Nikon D810 Nikon 24-70mm f2.8
    Nikon 105mm f2.8 Micro lens
    150-600mm Tamron

Spectacular birds. I think the second is my favourtie as it's a great pose and shows off the colours very well.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Good to see you here W.o.m.b.a.t. Great shots. lovely colours and they look to be enjoying the good life. I hope you don't mind, I edited your post to show the larger images.
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
      Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Lovely shots mate, thanks for posting them.
        Cheers, Brad.

Comment

To All
          Thank you for your kind comments. I am slowly going through the 2500 images. We were shooting from dawn to dusk over 10 days.
          150-600mm Tamron

Comment

I am in Mexico where they tell me they are as well so far have seen nada. Would love to see them as well as get a few shots as good as yours.
            Better a full bottle in front of me
            than a full frontal lobotomy.
            Hans

Comment

HansE,

You can get some free bird apps of the internet to cover Mexico ( or any other country). You may be able to find hot spots with the apps. Alternatively download Ebird onto your phone and/or computer but it can be a bit daunting to get it up and running. The app can give you bird hot spots. Ebird is run by the Cornell University and they do a huge amount of work for birds and wildlife. Oh, by the way Ebird is free. I think it takes about 50mb to run so you need some room on a phone. Cornell also has a bird recognition app where you take a photo of the bird on your cameras LCD screen, follow the prompts and voila you bird is identified. I think it uses some sort of facial recognition software. File size is 1.1gb for the app plus the country specific data base, you need lots of room on the phone to work. It only works in Nth and Sth America and parts of Europe however they are developing an Australian version.
              150-600mm Tamron

Comment

Thanks for that information. Must admit that I am more of an opportunist then a seeker. But will keep your information in mind. I see Isac is looking at identifying a bird this will be of interest to him.
                Better a full bottle in front of me
                than a full frontal lobotomy.
                Hans

Comment

• Isac
                  Isac commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Maybe, but I don't have a smartphone. I only have a cheap Nokia/Windows phone and use it for calls and text.

• HansE
                  HansE commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Would you like one?

• Isac
                  Isac commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Hans, but I've chosen not to join that sector. And I can't justify the extremely high costs that go with it. I'm happy with my PAYG with Amaysim 4G. My wife has all that gear,smartphone and tablet, and as she knows everything, I only have to ask so I have the best of both worlds
              Working...
              X