No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black-necked Stork

I finally managed to get out to the wetlands this afternoon. I saw a swan nesting there the other day and thought it might look good in the late afternoon light. On arrival I disturbed this stork which I hadn't seen because of surrounding vegetation. I managed to get a few shots as it flew off.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190116_Eagleby_0005_sml.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	462041

I was lucky to get an image at all. I normally shoot on manual with auto-iso set. It wasn't until the light started to fade that I realised that auto-iso was turned off. So it's pure luck that these turned out. I did get some swan shots (and others) that I will post later.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Good effort, turned out well.
    Some times you can be lucky, normally when that happens to me, I get black images
    Cheers, Brad.

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Brad.

Nice capture. I've always called these Jabiru.
    Sony A7rii
    https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Had not heard that before. I don't see them around here very often so getting a decent photo is pretty special.

• Toddyh
      Toddyh commented
      Editing a comment
      Learned that from an Aboriginal up in Kakadu.

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Great BIF shot wigz! If they are not common in your area then that's pretty special. It's definitely a Black-necked Stork and Todd's right that the ones in Australia are called Jabiru and that's because they are similar in appearance to the real Jabiru from Brazil and surrounding areas - they have a bright red collar. Your image is showing the juvenile because of the patterned wings and it's not yet got the bright red legs of the adult. Just a bit of trivia
Working...
X