No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few water birds

Taken at the man made lake or large puddle but waterbirds are there all the time.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN8293.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	461756
    Pacific Black Duck

Name:	DSCN8305.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	207.0 KB
ID:	461757
    Black-tailed Native Hen which is so close the one in Tasmania.

Name:	DSCN8380.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	461758
    Red-kneed Dotteral.
    All are i this one area which is good as they are much friendlier than other area's as people feed them.

G'day Arthur

I like your bird shots - and pleased you know the names as I never manage to remember any beyond the main ones!

I am a little concerned that they are 'almost sharp' rather than 'beaut & sharp' ... and I have the same problem with my Panny on many occasions. I have had to swap the focus selection from 'mostly in the centre suitable for landscapes' to 'tiny spot in the middle' to get the camera to concentrate on the bird / horse / whatever's eyes. It seems to make the shots just that much clearer

Does the Nikon have such a focus setting?
    Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzie_Traveller View Post
      G'day Arthur

I like your bird shots - and pleased you know the names as I never manage to remember any beyond the main ones!

I am a little concerned that they are 'almost sharp' rather than 'beaut & sharp' ... and I have the same problem with my Panny on many occasions. I have had to swap the focus selection from 'mostly in the centre suitable for landscapes' to 'tiny spot in the middle' to get the camera to concentrate on the bird / horse / whatever's eyes. It seems to make the shots just that much clearer

Does the Nikon have such a focus setting?
      Phil
      I honestly don't know what you mean with the beaut&sharp part.
      It has only one center spot focus if there are more I couldn't find them.
      And the images are far cleaner on my laptop and once posted they seem to dull down.
      This isn't me trying to say you are wrong or anything like that but this is how it is.
      As in the last one on my laptop in my folder where it is the eye has more life in it.

I wold try manual with this camera but its way to hard to get it right.
      So I am hoping the Canon's manual os easier to get at.

Comment

G'day Arthur

All okay mate - some of my pics lose a bit when down-pixelled to fit into the internet screens

Phil

Comment

Arthur, what method do you use to reduce your photo sizes for the forum?
          I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
          My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
          Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Arthur, the first two appear to have a green cast to me. The third looks a little bright. Are you using auto or manual white balance or adjusting colours during post-processing. One cause of colours becoming duller when viewed online is to process in Adobe RGB, for example, but remove the image profile when saving for the web without converting to RGB. If you use Photoshop Save-for-web, ti has an option to convert to RGB which should be set by default. Sharpness looks OK to me but could perhaps be sharpened a little more. I would also be inclined to leave a little more space around the subjects - the first in particular feels a little cramped.

If you like I could try adjusting the colours in the first image.
            Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

I understand all comments made and sometime when it comes to editting of the images I might not go far enough.
              I always battle myself on just how far to go.

The top shot is as out of the camera as I am now going by what I have been told in that its best to fill the frame.
              And here is why we have got a great hobby, we all have got different way in what we like to see.
              But I will say that some of the shots posted seem to even loss some of their gloss.

Resizing is done in photoshop I set the resolution to 60 and the largest side to a 1000 pixels.
              I think most forums have it at 1024 or some combination of the last 3 numbers.
              I just decided to got to the 1000 and knock the resolution down as on disgrasebook people just take your shots.
              Yes its flattering that they think its okay but I wished they would ask 1st.

Photo 3 was badly taken and it was taken from a good distance away.
              And out of camera the head was just a black blob almost, again to the editing issue.
              I will never claim to know it all but I am a slow learner. So beware for more of the same.
              Not because I'm being a prick, but its because I might really like the shot and its the only one I have.
              so I will post it to the best of my abilities and this brings me to the editting.
              How can I learn if others want to make the changes.
              And to a minor point to it is that I am as happy as I can be when I have posted them.
              So I don't mind being told and it keep you all busy to.

Comment

Working...
              X