No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identity Required

Also taken at Fingal Head. I would like to know what species of bird this is, if anyone can help.
    The last few bird images that I have posted were all taken with the 7D, so you can appreciate my frustration with the bird images from the Mark II.

Does the crop work?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2017 Winter Trip_0318 (crop).jpg
Views:	58
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	461587

Original image.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2017 Winter Trip_0318.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	461588

My Gear

Hi John,

I'm fairly sure this is a Grey Butcherbird, but certainly one of the butcherbirds.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree 100% Ironwood - Grey Butcherbird.

yep grey butcherbird
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

The votes are in and it's unanimous - Grey Butcherbird.
      Thanks everyone for their input. Much appreciated.
      I should buy myself a bird ID book for my next travels, any recommendations. I would like something that is spiral bound that lays flat.
      My Gear

Comment

My bird books are quite old so I'm not up to the latest paper versions but I use the Michael Morecambe eGuide to Australian Birds on my phone. It's not cheap by app standards and doesn't have all species, but it covers a lot and includes their calls. Of course you need to keep your battery charged.
        Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• Grumpy John
          Grumpy John commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Alan. When we arrived back from our last trip to remote areas I went looking for a spiral bound book that had bird species sorted by geographical area that they most commonly are found. No such book could be found.
      Working...
      X