No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We had some guests on Saturday

Every month or two we have a couple of frogmouths roost in the trees in our yard for a day. These were so low we could have reached out and touched them. Of course they are always tucked away among the branches.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181201_Frogmouths_0002_sml.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	460395

Click image for larger version  Name:	20181201_Frogmouths_0008_sml.jpg Views:	1 Size:	187.9 KB ID:	460392

Click image for larger version  Name:	20181201_Frogmouths_1005_sml.jpg Views:	1 Size:	248.3 KB ID:	460393
    Last edited by wigz; 03-12-2018, 11:14 AM. Reason: Edited to fix missing image.
    Alan W

My Gallery

#1 not showing for me Alan.
    #2 is a cracker. They actually look like they're made of bark.
    Sony A7rii
    https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Toddy. I fixed the missing image. It timed out while I was posting. I'm minding my toddler grandson today so lots of interruptions.

• Toddyh
      Toddyh commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad you fixed it. #1 the best for me.

A great set of images Alan. I really can't pick a winner from them. These guys are such posers, I think that they love to have their photo's taken.
    My Gear

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks John. Easy shots when they just sit there low down with a clear view. They certainly have extreme confidence in their camouflage. I often wonder what they would do if you tried to touch them.

I got a little family the other day. Not as good as yours but add them for interest as it costs very little.

Name:	1811_MG_7183.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	181.7 KB
ID:	460410
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      They usually perch fairly high up here too, but we have had a couple now that were quite low and great for photos.

So lucky to have them pop around for the weekend, knowing you'll be home - very thoughtful of them. And then to pose like that for you! How lucky are you? They are gorgeous photos wigz! I have never seen them in the flesh so TFS. P.S. Lucky you as well Hans
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Isac. We enjoy having them visit - no catering or entertaining required. I'm surprised you haven't seen them although they are easy to overlook. I sometimes see them sitting on the clothes lline during the night, including several times very obviously enjoying a shower during a thunderstorm

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd probably see some if I lived closer to the river but I don't get there much and I don't venture out too far at night either (unless I'm doing a gig). I'm satisfied with looking at your lovely photos for now

These (Tawnies) and pelicans are my favourite birds to photograph. Probably because they're pretty slow and tend not to move aronud too much. Pelicans in particular seem to like hamming it up for the camera.
    My Gear

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks John. Yes it really helps that they don't move much during the day.

All winners for me.
    Cheers
    Ross

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Ross.

Superb set Alan, #1 is probably my favourite, but I like all the poses. They are real characters aren’t they.
    We have them here, but I don’t see them very often. On one occasion I managed to get some shots that I am happy with.
    Cheers, Brad.

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Brad. I've managed to get a few decent shots now, but each time they show up I try for some more. Just can't resist.

Name:	ScreenHunter 21.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	460596

https://www.australiangeographic.com...?sf204185076=1

Saw this this morning thought some would be interested

Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

• Ironwood
      Ironwood commented
      Editing a comment
      Very interesting article Hans, thanks for posting the link.

• Grumpy John
      Grumpy John commented
      Editing a comment
      As Brad stated, a very interesting read. I particularly like the part about crapping on your enemies, it works for me.
      Thanks for posting.

Fabulous read Hans! Remind me not to poke about in one of their nests! Just as an aside to your link, I noticed the cursor is showing on your ScreenHunter image. If you don't want that to show, go to the "Open Main Window" and turn off the "Cursor".

Name:	ScreenHunter CURSOR.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	460611
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      OK! Thanks Isac.
Working...
X